General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I'm a fairly new poster and haven't trawled through all 200 -odd pages so apologies if I'm covering old ground but I'd love to see better and clearer info on the OS re: the Reserves and Academy set up. Also more updates on the Holte Hotel and the Training Ground.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again General, I've been thinking of having a drink at half time at the Villa when we play sheffied but my only problem is Im not keen on lager. Is there any chance other alcoholic beverages could be provided in future, like Cider for example. I know a lot of women like Cider too.

It probably is tin hat time General regarding the badge/crest (I haven't seen it myself yet and thoroughly looking forward to it personally), I believe there are some Villans who aren't too happy and there may be a bit of a storm coming.

I just wanted to say that most of us fully trust you, Randy and the team's plans for the future of the club and as such with that bold decisions have to be made. For me, it is the overall brand and not just the badge itself. With a bright new future comes a bright new badge pulling our brand together and I for one believe it will herald exciting times ahead. I can't wait to buy my shiny new Nike Villa kit with the new badge proudly displayed. Please pass on my/our thanks to Randy and the team for the bold decisions that have been made and I'm sure every Villa fan will come to love the new badge and Villa brand acknowledging the strides forward the club is making.

All the best and many thanks again,

Dean.

can I just re-iterate that this thread is not to discuss the new badge which is formally launched in under an hour, there will be a thread where everyone can voice there opinions on that, which The General and any other official of the club will be free to view, as opposed to clogging this one

Good morning Sir,

The new branding is finally out in public; please pass on my congratulations to all who have worked on it. I haven't digested it yet, but these things do take plenty of work and coordination, so thank you.

I noticed in the pictures on the OS that staff were signing a poster with 'our values' on. The company I work for takes these kind of things very seriously, even to the extent of having a company screensaver with branding and our core values on it, and I know that my behaviour is positively influenced daily by them:

Collaborate

Communicate directly

Drive Performance

Develop people

Build Alignment

Energize others

Lead Strategically

Could you perhaps elaborate on what the Aston Villa values are? Who was involved in the drafting of the values and how will they be followed through? I'm hoping they won't be forgotten tomorrow! Will there be annual awards for staff (players included)?

General Krulak here:

1. I will be off net for awhile as I travel to UK for the big weekend.

2. Article is correct...Randy will be spending more time in UK...already has a home and loves it...as we all do.

3. Witton Lane station will not be renamed...but re-done. The cost of a name change is prohibitive...due to requirement to change all schedules in UK...long story. We have compromised by getting permission to "re-decorate" the station.

4. The Badge....not much more I can say. Storm is definitely there.

General,

How has the new crest been appreciated by sponsors and working partners?

I like it but there is a few things that irritates me about the crest. "AVFC" should've been "Aston Villa FC" and the "Prepared" font look a little bit silly and doesnt melt together with the crest. It isnt centered and that is surprising...

How has the new crest been taken by Lerner and everyone at the board?

People keep saying that the crest is not so important, but I would say otherwise. The crest is the clubs trademark and if it isnt liked by most it will work against the club. The most important thing is of course the club and it can market itself but the crest is the clubs identity and therefore is it very important.

In the same way I love the simplicity and the choice of blue colour as the background. It is all refreshing and up-to-date. However...there are a few "wrongs" that irritates as I mentioned. Maybe there is some kind of marketing value in that too.... :lol:

I remember a very good marketing from Sweden (where I live) and it was for the company Viking Line (ferries). A marketing company just took their logo and cropped it and only showing "ng Li". That was a crazy way to market themselves but it became an awardwinning logo and one of the most successful ever. People saw the logo and if they didnt know what it was it became something people talked about. This might not be the same as Villa crest, but maybe the mix of fonts, "AVFC" instead of the more known "Aston Villa FC", "prepared" being off centre, can be good for Villa. :winkold:

Gen.

As I have the old crest tatood on my left arm - I was wondering if you could knock off the £40 i paid to get it done from my season ticket !!!!

Hope you enjoy saturday, the feeling for this game is remarkable. I have spoken to loads of fans and there hasn't been such excitement about one game since the cup final - should be a party atmosphere.

also, on the point without giving details away.

I am friends with a wife of a former euro. cup winning player. The player in question broke ties with the Villa around 10 yrs ago for the way he was treated by the previous regime. When this was all announced he didn't want anything to do with it, eventually having received many letters , phonecalls from your board he is attending , along with his family.

Thanks - the feeling of the individual before you came sums it up - the way he was treated by the previous regime made him feel "why would anyone want to see me ??" - this board has give the fans the opportunity to show what these players mean to us.

General,

I perceive that you travel over to the UK on Randy's private jet. Does that not have internet access?

Just a quick questions. Will Ron Saunders be joining the team on the pitch on Saturday. I know he doesn't attended that many games now but as he formed the building blocks for the 82 season he should be credited for an awful lot of success.

PS. Do you like snooker?

this is difficult as the General won;t be able to reply maybe but if someone is reading this at the club could you give us an approx timetable of when the players will appear.

I maybe understand the reasons you want to keep this close to you, but a clue might be nice.

*mod hat on *

Your question has been seen Ian! General Krulak is flying over the Atlantic as we speak - so can't answer your question. However, the answer is as follows:

"The plan is for them to appear around 5pm with the European Cup...spend some time out on the pitch and then (hopefully) stay out there to clap the current team onto the pitch as well.

We've also got a 5 min promotional film containing highlights from a film showing highlights of the final and bringing in footage of the current team as well which will be showing in the build up"

So there you are then! Sounds good to me!

Dear General, It says in the Birmingham Mail that Randy won't be at the game on Saturday? Is that correct? I am a little suprised if he isn't as he would probably want to meet the Euro heroes . You will be there though won't you? I guess if Randy can't make it, it will be because he has other committments and we will understand.

Thanks for all that's happening though. Love the new Crest and the training ground looks awesome from what bits I've seen

General ,

First of all thank you for the wonderful job you and the rest of the Lerner team are doing the enthusiasm and the drive you are showing is fanstasic , oh and I like the badge .

OK down to work I am in a fortunate position that I have been a box holder / corporate sponsor for Villa over the last 18 years and having been in all four corners of the ground now reside in the Trinity Road as a box holder . The facilities and food are first rate and it has been great value for us and our customers love the whole experience of it .

However I do feel there are some things we can improve on and also generate some revenue from . I went to Man City last week as a guest and the first thing that struck me was who greeted the guests it was Alex Williams their old goalkeeper we have two guys who resemble something like Waldorf and his mate , one is even a Blues fan ????

The ground tour was nowhere near as good as Villa's mainly due to the fact that they haven't got our history and like all new grounds it lacks that lived in feel to it but they have a lounge called the Terrace legends lounge which old players like Colin Bell / Tommy Booth and Peter Barnes mingle with the punters and have their photos taken etc . The good thing about this facility is they put the corporate away fans right above the away fans which takes the heat out of away fans in boxes mingling with home fans .

The tour finishes with the Mark De Foe memorial which is in memory of an ex Man City player who died tragically on a pitch playing for his national side . This memorial allows fans to scatter the ashes of friends and family who have passed away which got me thinking about Villa offering this service maybe adjacent to the Holte Htoel some garden or something and offer it as a venue for wakes . Without being too morbid its one thing that is guaranteed trade and a lot of people these days seem to be having claret and blue funerals and people want their ashes scattered on the pitch but its banned so why not use the Holte Hotel and offer both that and a venue . Got to be a way of getting trade in there on non match days .

Good post that, good ideas as well. I'm sure we can utilise Tony Morley, Gary Shaw, Des Bremner and Dennis Mortimer in this way and have a 'Rotterdam' lounge or something, maybe not that name but you get the jist.

I know Charlie Aitkein is well respected but his routine is tiresome and as you say mate as 'new' match day experience is required.

Another idea that probably could be a spin off from Saturday I understand that the Amercan sporting experience they have cap or bag days which they have periodically . Apparently had some games they have a day when they give you club caps like the scarf event for saturday but they get these sponsored by large corporate banks / enterprises .

What about for the first game next season 40000 flags in the stadium get Nike to sponsor it or for the first televised game imagine everybody in the Villa sections waving claret and blue flags .

I aint a lover of Liverpool or Celtic but there is no doubt that they whip up the best atmospheres for high profile games as the grounds are awash with colour , its the type of thing we need to do to generate that match day experience at VP .

When I went to Sporting Lisbon the other week (i've already mentioned a few ideas on here from that experience laready) they gave away small flags with the badge on one side and the sponsor on the other. Seemed to work well.

General, One of the great tragedies of the Ellis era was the destruction of the most beautiful façade in football which was the Trinity Road Stand entrance. Most Americans I have met are blown away by the history they encounter when they come to Europe so I'm sure you'll understand our disgust that such a thing was stealthily carried out.

I am aware that the club intends to improve the aesthetics of the stadium, some of which you have already outlined such as the night lighting etc. I was wondering if this will stretch as far as reconstructing the current Trinity façade. It would be fanastic if the corrugated cladding that currently adorns the Trinity could be ripped off and replaced by some reclaimed red bricks incorporating some of the features the old stand had such as the club crest in mosaic. It would be another step in the right direction to repairng some of the errors of the past.

I'd be interested to know how far the club intends to go on this issue. Thanks for your time and enjoy the match on Saturday.

I agree General, though this would be ridicullously expensive.

I find it unbelievable that this monstrocity is actually what was allowed after earlier designs were turned down by the council for being too unnatractive.

It has to be about the most ugly modern stand in football as it currently looks, compared to one of the most beautiful in it's predecessor. Absolute crime.

Facilities inside are fantastic though. I have arranged a couple of conferences there and the delegates/speakers are always blown away by the view