Next Seasons Captain

LeafyVilla

out of the squad we got at the moment, id say give it to ireland.... cant really say i agree with any of the critisism given to him in this thread

it would hopefully give him a bit of boost in the confidence section aswell

Ireland's a good shout. He looked committed last season and I think he'd relish the added responsibility. This "bad attitude" tag is completely unfair. What has he ever done? Smoked a shisha pipe? Turned down the chance to play for his country? He's an unusual character but it's not like he's ever been involved in a drunken brawl or gotten three girls pregnant at the one time or got his lad out on a webcam.

Simple solution.

Chop Hutton up for spares. Donate his knees to one M Laursen and jobs a goodun. Captain and new CB pairing sorted, with a whole load of parts left. Whats the going rate for a Scottish kidney these days?

Simple solution.

Chop Hutton up for spares. Donate his knees to one M Laursen and jobs a goodun. Captain and new CB pairing sorted, with a whole load of parts left. Whats the going rate for a Scottish kidney these days?

bit like taking a old classic ferrari and doing it up with a fiat punto engine

Superman all the way for me.

To those saying that he's a 'nutjob' for lying about his Grandmothers dying (it was only two by the way, he never made up a third), he admits this was a silly mistake. Course it was, but his Wife had just had a miscarraige and he probably didn't know where his head was at.

Also, I don't think people quite understand what shisha is. He's not like a certain Centre Half of ours who I see most days buying 20 fags on his way to training..! I doubt he goes home every night and sits there smoking it.

Also, I don't think people quite understand what shisha is. He's not like a certain Centre Half of ours who I see most days buying 20 fags on his way to training..! I doubt he goes home every night and sits there smoking it.

Dunne by any chance?

Dunne by any chance?

Nope - it's the Hoofball Gold Medalist that is Mr. Collins.

Another reason why I don't think that pair should be at the back for us.

smoking the shisha pipe?....those pictures were on fan forums everywhere sparking debates about his lifestyle and bad attitude....

So when is smoking a shisha pipe an example of an individual having a bad attitude and questionable lifestyle? Everything in moderation is the key to balance...

*Please note I do not smoke but I just took issue with the aforesaid ludicrous statement!

please read my post properly...

i have never said "Ireland has a bad attitude because he smokes shisha pipes"...

a poster said he does not understand why people question Irelands attitude....

I was merely using the shisha example to show that Ireland has done things which has caused people to question him...

like it or not smoking one of them with your top off looking worse for wear and posting it on twitter is going to start people talking about your attitude as a professional...

sure enough other fans and the media started to comment on it...

and you can add it to a list of other incidents which have given him a bad name also...

I actually cannot believe there are so many posters that would want him as captain...

Bent, Dunne, Given, Clark, Warnock should all be ahead of him if they start regularly

/Wiggy That's right young sonny boy. Ask your wife, she loves a nice rocket or screwball from me whenever I'm doing my rounds..

/Supertom46 It was 3 ;

Maternal Grandmother - proved to be lying.

changed it to Paternal Grandmother - proved to be lying.

changed it to Paternal Grandfathers new wife - proved to be lying.

Then he said miscarriage. Might be true but I have seen no reason to believe him having already lied 3 times. He didn't voluntarily admit to be lying, the press forced him to admit he had been lying, there's a difference.

/Rob182 Might not be a big deal now and be consigned to history but the next match was against the Czechs which they lost 1-0 thus failing to qualify. At the time it was felt he could have made the difference. I know Steve Staunton felt he had let him, the team and the nation down at the time. Hence not dependable, untrustworthy and unreliable.

If someone at work lied to me, not once but three times, about dead grandparents then I wouldn't think they were right in the head either.

As for the Shisha pipe. I wouldn't hold that against anyone. I'm not aware that he is a regular smoker and even if he was, if it didn't affect his fitness then that's his business.

/Wiggy That's right young sonny boy. Ask your wife, she loves a nice rocket or screwball from me whenever I'm doing my rounds..

Not sure what my wife has to do with this, or what the **** your talking about.

...posting it on twitter...

I think I'm right in saying it was his girlfriend that posted that image on Twitter.

sure enough other fans and the media started to comment on it...

So what? Fans and the media will comment on everything. Do you really think people within football will look down on us because our captain smoked a shisha pipe ONCE (as far as we know)?

Roy Keane, one of the greatest captains of the PL era, intentionally ended a fellow professional's career. John Terry, universally lauded as a great captain, cheated on his wife with a teammate's ex and is currently on trial for racially abusing an opponent. Smoking a shisha pipe isn't a big deal anyway but it pales into insignificance when compared with the despicable things some footballers get up to.

and you can add it to a list of other incidents which have given him a bad name also...

Such as?

Not sure what my wife has to do with this, or what the **** your talking about.

Apologies - aimed at Richard not WiggyRichard - mistake in my old age. I was trying to keep an eye on the road for the kiddies you see...Read back a page or so and you will understand.

Justified, chill, Robbie got the joke!

Some questions I have always wanted to ask you, are you quite old, and do you drive an ice cream van?

Do you like to roam the land?

BTW, where's the masterplan?

Â