Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

avfc1982,.... I didn't fall for any PRr crap. The first year was difficult but we came out of it feeling good. IMO Lowton did more than OK, he even scored a couple of great goals and had some assists. I was watching on a game on TV later in the season and someone (David Pleat... maybe) said if Lowton continues the develop the way he is, then he would soon be challenging for an England spot. I don't think such comments were a result of PR crap but what he had seen on field. Regardless, Lowton followed up the next season with total crapness and I m not sure he has ever recovered.

• Like 2

avfc1982,.... I didn't fall for any PRr crap. The first year was difficult but we came out of it feeling good. IMO Lowton did more than OK, he even scored a couple of great goals and had some assists. I was watching on a game on TV later in the season and someone (David Pleat... maybe) said if Lowton continues the develop the way he is, then he would soon be challenging for an England spot. I don't think such comments were a result of PR crap but what he had seen on field. Regardless, Lowton followed up the next season with total crapness and I m not sure he has ever recovered.

Lowton was crap in his first season and so were the team. The thing I could never understand was the fact that so many fans let the end of season improvement in form gloss over what was a quite diabolical season. Premier League history is littered with shit teams who improve near the end to cling onto their PL status, and we were no different. Every time Villa opened it's mouth it was "young and hungry" this and "young and hungry" that and they fooled so many people into thinking their was a genius plan at work when in fact it was cost cutting all around and the club was set in decline.

Some of us saw it right from the off. Others, sadly, didn't.

Are people seriously saying Hutton is superior to Lowton based on a couple of pre-season friendlies? I'm not saying either has played particularly well in a Villa shirt, but I think Lowton blows Hutton away based on his first season. Loaning him out is a strange one and based more on personal issues than his footballing ability in my opinion.

I'm basing it on what I've seen from them through out there carreers,  Lowton is too slow and is a liability, he is decent going forward but that doesn't make up for how slow he is and the amount of chances the opposition gets due to his errors.  Hutton has alot more experience at this level and at international level and whilst I'm not convinced he is the perfect RB for us , I am convinced that he is a better option than Lowton.

• Like 1

Well I obviously don't have the deep insight that some people have. IMO we had the potential to move onwards and upwards after year 1. The biggest mistake was year 2 purchases. We should have purchased a couple of proven quality players than the 4 or 5 that were too crap to improve the team.

But all of this is hindsight. Anyone can be correct when looking back. If AVFC1982 has posts back in 2012 stating Lowton is crap then I have nothing but praise for his abilities.

• Like 2

Lowton was crap in his first season and so were the team. The thing I could never understand was the fact that so many fans let the end of season improvement in form gloss over what was a quite diabolical season. Premier League history is littered with shit teams who improve near the end to cling onto their PL status, and we were no different. Every time Villa opened it's mouth it was "young and hungry" this and "young and hungry" that and they fooled so many people into thinking their was a genius plan at work when in fact it was cost cutting all around and the club was set in decline.

Some of us saw it right from the off. Others, sadly, didn't.

For the third time, if fans only rated Lowton because of "young and hungry PR" why was Bennett heavily criticised by many of the fans that were praising Lowton?

• Like 1

Well I obviously don't have the deep insight that some people have. IMO we had the potential to move onwards and upwards after year 1. The biggest mistake was year 2 purchases. We should have purchased a couple of proven quality players than the 4 or 5 that were too crap to improve the team.

But all of this is hindsight. Anyone can be correct when looking back. If AVFC1982 has posts back in 2012 stating Lowton is crap then I have nothing but praise for his abilities.

I remember going to the Forest friendly not long after Lambert bought the likes of Bennett, Lowton etc and was horrified at the standard of player he had signed. I'll never pretend to be an expert on football but after watching Villa since the late 70s I've come to the conclusion that I can spot a player with Premier League potential, and believe me I didn't see any in Lowton and Bennett and friends. I knew from that day on that Lerner was downgrading our club and run us on the cheap from that day on. That's not hindsight speaking either. They were substandard players wrapped up in bullshit "young and hungry" PR.

I remember going to the Forest friendly not long after Lambert bought the likes of Bennett, Lowton etc and was horrified at the standard of player he had signed. I'll never pretend to be an expert on football but after watching Villa since the late 70s I've come to the conclusion that I can spot a player with Premier League potential, and believe me I didn't see any in Lowton and Bennett and friends. I knew from that day on that Lerner was downgrading our club and run us on the cheap from that day on. That's not hindsight speaking either. They were substandard players wrapped up in bullshit "young and hungry" PR.

And yet one of those players was widely praised and the other widely criticised during their first seasons at the club, despite both allegedly being wrapped in "bullshit young and hungry PR". Clearly the majority of people who were praising Lowton in his first seaosn weren't doing so because of "PR".

And yet one of those players was widely praised and the other widely criticised during their first seasons at the club, despite both allegedly being wrapped in "bullshit young and hungry PR". Clearly the majority of people who were praising Lowton in his first seaosn weren't doing so because of "PR".

The young and hungry 'bullshit' was certainly used regularly by both the OS and those defending the 'young' 24/25 year olds.

Not as "clearly" as you would suggest.

• Like 1

The young and hungry 'bullshit' was certainly used regularly by both the OS and those defending the 'young' 24/25 year olds.

Please actually read my posts properly. I never said it wasn't used, I said that fans praising Lowton wasn't because of club PR (as avfc1982 claimed).

Young and hungry Young and hungry Young and hungry Young and hungry Young and hungry.........

Keep on saying it and eventually they will believe.......

They didn't believe it with Bennett yet apparently they did with Lowton?

Young and hungry Young and hungry Young and hungry Young and hungry Young and hungry.........

Keep on saying it and eventually they will believe.......

Ok we get it.  You're right, everybody that got behind the team was suckered by the club into believing the propaganda. We can't form our own opinions about the club and how we want to support the team and rely on press releases to show us the way.........

• Like 3

Lowton was a liability in his first season as well but a lot of fans didn't notice because they were too punch drunk on the 'young and hungry' PR crap from the club. His diabolical play and positioning cost us goal after goal and he should have been replaced straight away but he got away with it.

The sooner this walking disaster is out of the club the better.

Just because some fans had a different opinion to you doesn't mean they were "punch drunk on PR".

It does in my opinion, which I'm entitled to of course.

You are entitled to your opinion when it relates to whether a player is good or bad, but not when you abuse other posters.

Please actually read my posts properly. I never said it wasn't used, I said that fans praising Lowton wasn't because of club PR (as avfc1982 claimed).

pot-and-kettke.jpg

No problem Mantis. Happy to oblige.

No problem Mantis. Happy to oblige.

Where did I not read your post properly?

Â