General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

We're obvious and desperate, the players we are potentially linked with are all highly regarded by teams who either desperately need the money and don't want to sell or in Wolves case have money already and can negotiate from a position of comfort - we're about to pay well over the odds for people.

Not the best planned summer this one is it?

Agree, the clubs will know we are desperate and will hold out for a big fee.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the trips to the US and Germany were badly timed.

We should have stayed local, played at least 1 home friendly and concentrated on new players.

But hey, hindsight is easy isn't it.

We're obvious and desperate, the players we are potentially linked with are all highly regarded by teams who either desperately need the money and don't want to sell or in Wolves case have money already and can negotiate from a position of comfort - we're about to pay well over the odds for people.

Not the best planned summer this one is it?

Spot on comments, OBE!

Another season of transition is going to follow this summer and, should we stay up by the skin of our teeth, what action will Lerner take at the end of this season? Will he go for yet another manager or will he stick with Lambert and back him with the likes of Warnock and Dunne off the books?

This is seeming like an ever increasing nightmare and the only way I can see it ending is if/when Lerner sells the club. I just hope the next owner of the club can see what mistakes have happened previously and bring some people into the club with a broader knowledge of football.

Id rather sign K Jones than Doyle. Neither score many, but Jones is more of a physical presence and will hold the ball up better.

Agree on above.

What about Berbatov - is that feasible

Whatever happened to Rodgella ? - the guy from Wigan

Rhodes - although I get the feeling PL has sourced a few young and foreign players - but now wants to add those with PL experience.

Michael Owen in today's Guardian -

"A lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads," Owen told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I have been in contact with quite a few teams and it's a case of picking the best which is going to suit me and my family. I've said before I'd prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case. Different things will form the basis of making the right choice: location, the quality of the team, the manager – everything really."

Just noticed Chelsea have spent about £90m so far this summer ! Whatever happened to the FFP rules ?

When you win the Champions League your revenue increases, allowing you to spend more. I think that's how they work anyway.

Well they did make in excess of 50 million from winning the champions league, then theres the increase TV revenue from the PL rights deal!

On topic, I think Doyle is decent but really lacking confidence, don't think that would help with our current predicament!

We need some creativity and flair, but there aren't really any realistic options, I am praying for a pleasant surprise! Also believe we aren't as bad as our first two results, so a desperate signing like Doyle would disapoint me! I don't believe PL will sign players just because he is desperate for players.

Obviously our summer business isn't going to be well planned, PL only arrived at the club in may and most teams spend a season our two scouting a player before signing them!

"A lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads," Owen told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I have been in contact with quite a few teams and it's a case of picking the best which is going to suit me and my family. I've said before I'd prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case. Different things will form the basis of making the right choice: location, the quality of the team, the manager – everything really."

Sounds like us. We could do worse.

Sounds like us. We could do worse.

We're already carrying a player who's only contribution to a game is to lose the ball or score a goal, we don't need another.

Plus the wages, the injury record, the fact he's not that good. On balance I'd rather have Heskey back than sign Owen.

Where has this idea we need a big target man striker come from ?. If anything we need the exact opposite, a Robbie Keane like link man / creative forward IMHO.

If we want to play this new brand of football, then a non goalscoring plank should not be high on any agenda.

Why does a target man have to be a non-scoring plank? Plenty of target men over the years have been absurdly dangerous goalscorers.

We basically need a striker who can bring others into the game. Now whether thats your number 10 style man, or a big bloke who can hold it up, that's upto Lambert and what he wants to do. But we definitely need someone a bit different up front and, preferably, someone who pitches in a fair few goals as well.