General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why people want us to sign someone like Ince or Matt Phillips but does anyone expect them to be THE players to make the difference.

Both are young and relatively untested in the Prem - this is the problem we have with the current squad, not enough experience.

I would love to get them in but think we need to target players in their mid-twenties who've played first team football (not necessarily Premier League) in the top flight.

Definately should be looking for a LB, DM, Winger and Striker

I'm hopeful Randy will be opening the cheque book to sort out this mess

We cannot afford even one more player?

I would be very surprised if we sign permanently one decent player.

I've previously been abused on here for querying the suggestion that we'd spend over £13million in the last two weeks of the window and we'd be signing over three players in the last two weeks of the window, so I await similar.

Lerner wants to sell up. But the amount owed to him and the trust is massive - he's locked in as nobody would be sane enough to do it. He needs to bring the loans down.

ASTON VILLA as a club needs better players to stay up,with the current crop is way to risky for rl not to invest. the club as a whole will be better off next year when dunne/warnock/hutton/ireland/ are off the books, we need to off load delph/zog/fonz/bannan who are not good enough, with j2m loan sorted now this frees up wages for a midfield player.

Lambert, sign Tom Ince.

This, I'd love Ince to sign on at the Villa!

For me, we need a top class DM to replace Petrov.

I'd even take Owen Hargreaves and Michael Owen on pay as you go deals. Top players when fit, would lift the whole club and bring in some much needed experience. Or did Hargreaves retire ?

Lambert, sign Tom Ince.

I'd even take Owen Hargreaves and Michael Owen on pay as you go deals. Top players when fit, would lift the whole club and bring in some much needed experience. Or did Hargreaves retire ?

The money isn't there!

charlie adam & tom huddlestone would work & would not break the bank

They would still cost more than the 0 in wages we can offer. Lambert has already said no to Huddlestone and that he dislikes loans.

Plus he is injury prone. Like Jenas was and still is. It would be History repeating itself!

Re sign Carew free agent still only 32 would do a job alongside bent or wieman

**** it lets get Heskey back too. Carew is not the player he was under MON. Too injury prone, too slow and just not good enough.

We need to sign quality players ASAP. Not West Ham rejects.

Lambert, sign Tom Ince.

The really important words in your post are 'when fit' CI!