General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The target this year has to be shipping out the dead wood, making some sensible signings in line with the new policy and maintaining our PL status, even if that means 17th. All this whilst setting up positively and trying to play an attractive pass and move game. Anything else should be considered a bonus.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t understand the negative vibe on here. We look to have purchased some very good players for good prices and are shipping out the overpaid cartel who we have been slagging off for the last two seasons.

Its the first window in his first season, lamberts team will need time to gel and he will need a few transfer windows to get his squad how he wants it.

Things are looking very promising at the club. Getting a decent striker now would be ideal but If not we can go until January with what we have and get a couple of players in then.

probably because we have discluded Hutton and Warnock from the squad but not sold or replaced either (Lowton is not and instant replacement), let Heskey and Beye go (thank god), loaned Makoun, sold Collins and now are selling Dunne?

plus we have Gabby and Albrighton injured.

and yet so far we have brought in four players, two I think are very good signings (Vlaar and KEA) one who has potential (Lowton) and one I am not sure over in Holman.

doesn't add up does it?

Every window we lose more players and quality than we gain, granted maybe we have gained some quality but does it even out?

But then are those who say we shouldn't dicuss the downbeat scenario - because thje closing of the window hasn't happened yet. A view I can never really fathom - as if you think about 90% of the healthy dicussion is our interpreation of what todays events\non events mean for Aston Villa on the pitch if future weeks\months\years .

Speaking about the closing of the window as if it hasn't happened yet is fine. Speaking as if we've already f*cked it all up is what gets annoying. Some people can't or won't distinguish between the 2. I tend to think they won't.

The target this year has to be shipping out the dead wood, making some sensible signings in line with the new policy and maintaining our PL status, even if that means 17th. All this whilst setting up positively and trying to play an attractive pass and move game. Anything else should be considered a bonus.

Who's stolen your login details? Bet you're on the shitter while someone is typing this.

Unfortunately this is 100% right. I'd love us to show a bit of financial muscle but we're not in a position to do so yet.

But then are those who say we shouldn't dicuss the downbeat scenario - because thje closing of the window hasn't happened yet. A view I can never really fathom - as if you think about 90% of the healthy dicussion is our interpreation of what todays events\non events mean for Aston Villa on the pitch if future weeks\months\years .

Exactly.

We might as well close the match threads because you might as well wait for the final whistle instead of discussing what might happen.

If match threads start having comments in like FFS how did we lose that 10 - 0 before the game has been played. Absolutely, close the thread.

What people get frustrated about is when people with downbeat/negative opinions are speaking as a matter of fact, when actually the window hasn't closed hence the 'moan after the window closes' comments.

Exactly.

We might as well close the match threads because you might as well wait for the final whistle instead of discussing what might happen.

If match threads start having comments in like FFS how did we lose that 10 - 0 before the game has been played. Absolutely, close the thread.

What people get frustrated about is when people with downbeat/negative opinions are speaking as a matter of fact, when actually the window hasn't closed hence the 'moan after the window closes' comments.

The 10-0 before the match has started is a poor analogy, more like 2-0 with 10 mins to go in this transfer window .

Johnny Phillips ‏@SkyJohnnyP

Big chase on for Jermain Defoe. Aston Villa, Reading and QPR all believed to have spoken to his representatives. Others interested too.

I'd be very happy with this but IMHO the London factor will weigh heavily in any Defoe decision. 100% QPR or Reading ahead of us based purely on location.

I'd be very happy with this but IMHO the London factor will weigh heavily in any Defoe decision. 100% QPR or Reading ahead of us based purely on location.

Don't think you're wrong but I do think he'd still talk to us, down to Lambo to sell the dream. But yes a big ask to drag him and the wag out of London for the bright lights of Brum.

Has that ever happened?

Before the match people will look at the facts and predict what they think will happen.

Any negativity is just what people think might happen from the facts and evidence they see.

Still cant see us getting defoe..

They are going for a winger/Attacking Midfielder now. Willian/Isco type player.

Isco would be fantastic!!

Sadly think we're out of his league

He might go to QPR over us because they're going mental at the mo' but I'd be confident of getting him over Reading. They've already destroyed their wage on one striker and I'd like to think Defoe still has England ambitions and that he would see Darren Bent as his preferred strike partner. Fingers crossed. I think he'd be fantatic for us.

Exactly.

The 10-0 before the match has started is a poor analogy, more like 2-0 with 10 mins to go in this transfer window .

Apologies :)