General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

For how many years has our net spend been negaitive? Evidence would be nice.

Sold who of any note Milner, Young and Downing?

Bought Makoun, Bent, Given, Hutton, N'Zog, Vlaar, Lowton, KEA.

Thinking 1 season max of negative net expenditure, but if you could provide the figures that would be nice.

Just go look on wikipedia you lazy git.

06/07 - negative

07/08 - negative

08/09 - negative

09/10 - negative

10/11 - negative, just. (Bent/Milner pretty much broke even - plus Makoun who tipped it)

11/12 - positive, finally.

How did we get a positive net spend last season? We sold Downing and Young for £36m and brought in CNZ (£10m), Given (£4m) and Hutton (£4m). Unless we paid Spurs £20m for the Jenas loan deal...actually that's probably what happened.

I think that is just a misunderstanding...swap positive for negative, just different meaning/interpretation.

Yep - thought that would be pretty obvious to him but oh well :lol:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats the worrying part. As a team in the premier league we have not progressed.

"There have been plenty of custodians of Aston Villa since 1874 and if I can't make it work, I will do what the others did, move on and let someone else try" - Randy Lerner, 2006.

When you take into account both transfers AND wages the club loses about £50-60 million a year.

That money is made up for by Lerner putting his own cash into the club, taking it out of his own savings.

When Doug was running the club he wasn't putting any cash into the club, let alone £60 million a season. Instead he was taking a fee out of the club and paying himself from the club's income.

There is no comparison to be made between Doug and Lerner.

And yet the club is now performing no different to Doug's last season, has alienated a number of fans through lies to the fanbase, operating a sell to buy policy and little hope of actually managing to be anywhere near 'successful' in the near future.

So the only difference is that we're now losing £50million a season. He needs to sell up.

And the crazy thing is we're meant to be happy about it.

And yet the club is now performing no different to Doug's last season, has alienated a number of fans through lies to the fanbase, operating a sell to buy policy and little hope of actually managing to be anywhere near 'successful' in the near future.

So the only difference is that we're now losing £50million a season. He needs to sell up.

Seriously?

What lies has Randy told us, I'd expect you to have direct quotes and evidence proving them to be factually incorrect when quoted, hindsight doesn't do enough to prove you were lied to.

Any actual quotes from the club regarding a sell to buy policy? I've counted 3 signings this transfer window, and a bosman with only 1 player sold. Cost of incoming players exceeding the cost of outgoing. Strange sell to buy policy that is!

Please define what 'successful' is for a club with our income in light of the momey spent by the top 5 or 6 clubs and the UEFA financial Fairplay Regs coming into force.

OK this transfer fess argument is boring me to death – so let me pose a question. In the four positions we need additions the most, who would be your ideal choice from the players we’ve been linked to so far? Mine would be:

Striker: Andy Carroll

Winger: Yacinne Brahimi

Midfielder: Antony Annan

Left back: Massadio Haidara

Think that would set us up quite nicely!

For how many years has our net spend been negaitive? Evidence would be nice.

Sold who of any note Milner, Young and Downing?

Bought Makoun, Bent, Given, Hutton, N'Zog, Vlaar, Lowton, KEA.

Thinking 1 season max of negative net expenditure, but if you could provide the figures that would be nice.

Just go look on wikipedia you lazy git.

06/07 - negative

07/08 - negative

08/09 - negative

09/10 - negative

10/11 - negative, just. (Bent/Milner pretty much broke even - plus Makoun who tipped it)

11/12 - positive, finally.

How did we get a positive net spend last season? We sold Downing and Young for £36m and brought in CNZ (£10m), Given (£4m) and Hutton (£4m). Unless we paid Spurs £20m for the Jenas loan deal...actually that's probably what happened.

I think that is just a misunderstanding...swap positive for negative, just different meaning/interpretation.

Yep - thought that would be pretty obvious to him but oh well :lol:

It's been a long day.

Any actual quotes from the club regarding a sell to buy policy? I've counted 3 signings this transfer window, and a bosman with only 1 player sold. Cost of incoming players exceeding the cost of outgoing. Strange sell to buy policy that is!

I think he means Sell/Let Go on a free To buy Policy

So I count:

Cuellar-out

Collins-out

Heskey-out

Makoun-out

And

Vlaar-In

KEA-In

Lowton-In

Holman-in

When you take into account both transfers AND wages the club loses about £50-60 million a year.

That money is made up for by Lerner putting his own cash into the club, taking it out of his own savings.

When Doug was running the club he wasn't putting any cash into the club, let alone £60 million a season. Instead he was taking a fee out of the club and paying himself from the club's income.

I suspect if he did sell up there would be a much greater chance we'd end up with an owner like the Venkey's/Carson Young/Hicks & Gellet/Thaksin Shinawatra/Eggert Magnússon /Malagar's fake sheik/Notts County, Portsmouth or Aberdeen's dodgy chancers than the remote chance of a new oil baron coming in.

So transfer speculation, is there any?

I expected us to have 1 in this week at least

I fully expect us to sign a Liverpool or Spurs fringe player before the week is out with no option to buy

Scraping the bottom of the barrel as usual prove me wrong Lerner

OK this transfer fess argument is boring me to death – so let me pose a question. In the four positions we need additions the most, who would be your ideal choice from the players we’ve been linked to so far? Mine would be:

Winger: Yacinne Brahimi

Midfielder: Antony Annan

Left back: Massadio Haidara

Think that would set us up quite nicely!

Finally... some proper transfer discussion:

Winger: Adam Johnson

Midfielder: (PASS)

Left back: Jetro Willems

I think these three signings would be good for next season, and the latter end of this season whilst the team gels.

Just for future reference. If anybody asks

Why are we not in for player x?

It's because there is no money to spend. Nothing. All that stuff about lessons being learnt earlier in pre-season was bullshit to try and keep season ticket sales up.

How do you know?

I suspect if he did sell up there would be a much greater chance we'd end up with an owner like the Venkey's/Carson Young/Hicks & Gellet/Thaksin Shinawatra/Eggert Magnússon /Malagar's fake sheik/Notts County, Portsmouth or Aberdeen's dodgy chancers than the remote chance of a new oil baron coming in.

Or perhaps, and I suspect most likely, we may end up with somebody in the middle of the two extremes that you have come up with there.

Nobody is asking for massive investment on world stars. We just want to compete. We haven't done that in the previous two seasons and despite a 'promise' that "lessons had been learnt" it looks like we won't this season, either.

By his own admission, if he said if he couldn't do it he'd sell up. Well, perhaps instead of taking us down, he should stick to his word.

I think he means Sell/Let Go on a free To buy Policy

So I count:

Cuellar-out

Collins-out

Heskey-out

Makoun-out

And

Vlaar-In

KEA-In

Lowton-In

Holman-in

The key thing here is the wages - the combined total of the 4 in must be at least half of those out.

Or perhaps, and I suspect most likely, we may end up with somebody in the middle of the two extremes that you have come up with there.

Nobody is asking for massive investment on world stars. We just want to compete. We haven't done that in the previous two seasons and despite a 'promise' that "lessons had been learnt" it looks like we won't this season, either.

By his own admission, if he said if he couldn't do it he'd sell up. Well, perhaps instead of taking us down, he should stick to his word.

Has he taken us down? :?

It's because there is no money to spend. Nothing. All that stuff about lessons being learnt earlier in pre-season was bullshit to try and keep season ticket sales up.

How do you know?

Sorry. I must have missed all that money being spent!

How do you know?

He doesn't. I think I'll take a screenshot for posterity though.