General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

have been very impressed by what I've seen of Lambert's three signings so far and have full trust in him to sign the right sort of players to play in his system/s. I just hope he can get the 2/3 more in we need to solidify the starting 11. At the moment I think we have 3 players in CNZ, Ireland and Holman who all have potential to do ok (in their own different ways) but playing all 3 together is not necessarily going to work, all far to inconsistent for my liking. I think Ireland could have the most to offer if we can get him firing, with the other 2 I hope PL can get them playing but I really don't think we'd have CNZ and Holman here if Lambert had have taken over when McLeish did.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ki Seung Yeung in talks with a Premier League club. Would love it to be us. Happy to have either Adam or the Korean Gerrard down in our midfield this season.

Swansea are linked heavily to sign him.

Our priorities lie elsewhere...

Agreed. I just think he would be an excellent signing.

No point bringing in Adam as he's no better than Bannan and on twice the wage.

How has this ridiculous myth gathered pace? When did Bannan become this fantastic player, scoring goals for fun and completely controlling games and pretty much winning them single handedly like Charlie Adam did at Blackpool? Bannan may be a neat player at times with some potential, but I've never seen anything like this than from him yet and for me they are light years apart.

They have the exact same attributes, the difference being Adam is slower and overweight. He has the advantage that he has a few more years experience than Bannan, but they're pretty much the same player. Both like taking set pieces (which is where Adam got most of his goals) and have an eye for the 'hollywood ball'.

Ki Seung Yeung in talks with a Premier League club. Would love it to be us

Still not the dominant midfield general or winger we need though is he ?

Surely we should be looking to fill problem areas (left back, winger, striker, midfield general) rather than just signing good players for the sake of it

And thats coming from a keen Celtic watcher

How has this ridiculous myth gathered pace? When did Bannan become this fantastic player, scoring goals for fun and completely controlling games and pretty much winning them single handedly like Charlie Adam did at Blackpool?

This is what people said about CNZ when he was at wigan.

How is that relevant? You could insert any name you like there of someone who has not done brilliantly after a move. I can't remember a single person on here not keen for us to sign CNZ at the time.

The point is Bannan has done nothing yet. Charlie Adam has.

I can't remember a single person on here not keen for us to sign CNZ at the time.

Yeah I'll admit I was Delighted to be signing CNZ, because I had seen him at wigan and thought he was a good player. Same thing with Charlie Adam, was great at a shit/small Club Like Blackpool, And Never Made the step up at liverpool, I doubt he would make the step up here.

I can't remember a single person on here not keen for us to sign CNZ at the time.

Yeah I'll admit I was Delighted to be signing CNZ, because I had seen him at wigan and thought he was a good player. Same thing with Charlie Adam, was great at a shit/small Club Like Blackpool, And Never Made the step up at liverpool, I doubt he would make the step up here.

He still created more assists at Liverpool last season than anyone else, despite being out for 11 games.

Made 11 assists, only 3 from set pieces and chipped in with 2 more goals than Disco word removed facce Stu. Better than any of our midfield and is still only 26.

Anyone watching the webchat, clearly Kendrick knows very little.

This. All guess work from Kendrick. Tell you what though, that Kenny Loggins chap knows what he's talking about. :!:

I hope that doesn't mean we're heading right into the danjaaaa zone.

Sure it's been said but I think Carroll is an absolute non-starter - no way is he coming to Villa. Move on.

Like others have said, I'm please with who PL has signed already, especially Vlaar and KEA, both excellent additions from what I've seen. Not convinced at all by Holman, he looks like a very average player to me and no better than several of our youngsters, I could be wrong and I'll happily be so, but he's not going to cement a place in the team IMHO.

In terms of gettable, realistic players I really liked the look of Brahimi and I think he'd thrive in the Premiership. I'd also love to see us invest in someone like Jordan Rhodes and put Weimann and Delfouneso out on loan. And I think Charlie Adam would be absolutely perfect for us. I know he splits opinion but him and Bent would work really well together and it would allow KEA to play is most natural role behind him.

I also think, controversially, that Warnock should be bought in from the cold. Don't know why he gets so much stick, he's always committed and i think he could play the wing-back role that PL is looking for - far better than Baker anyway!