General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Guidetti. From what I (and swedish media) gather, he is injured and knoe one knows when he is able to play again.... Its has something to do with some nerve somewhere in his body. Thats way he wasnt picked for the Swedish national team against Brazil.

When Did he get this Injury?

Regarding Guidetti. From what I (and swedish media) gather, he is injured and knoe one knows when he is able to play again.... Its has something to do with some nerve somewhere in his body. Thats way he wasnt picked for the Swedish national team against Brazil.

When Did he get this Injury?

Im sure I read somewhere that he had a virus from the end of last season that he hasnt shaken off.

Not that its going to happen but to have a balanced squad we need another five players. LB, CB, winger, DM and an experienced striker as neither Fonz, Weimann or Gabby can be relied upon to score consistently if Bent picks up another injury.

Surely its too late to even get three in now ? like ofc i do know it could easily happen as we could get like 3 in on the last day if we tried. But i mean We seem VERY unlikely that another 3 will come by the end of the market... Im just bored of listening to no-source rumours. Ive never heard the villa be so shut up shop about transfers. I think the vlaar deal has hurt our feelings :(

Guidetti got a virus from food poisoning that spread to one of the nerves in his thigh.

Don't ask me how it works.

Unclear when he'll be able to return to full fitness

Surely its too late to even get three in now ? like ofc i do know it could easily happen as we could get like 3 in on the last day if we tried. But i mean We seem VERY unlikely that another 3 will come by the end of the market... Im just bored of listening to no-source rumours. Ive never heard the villa be so shut up shop about transfers. I think the vlaar deal has hurt our feelings :(

I'm quite happy that we're so tight-lipped about transfers now. If we keep leaking these deals to the forums/ press, other clubs will hear about them and may join the bidding.

The Vlaar and OGS reports probably didn't help either deal.

I still think we'll see one, maybe two, transfers in the next few weeks. Hopefully, at least one by Saturday!

I don't know why people keep placing KEA as a DM, when he's shown nothing in pre-season that shows he can do this role IMO.

I think his energy and ability to tackle will make him a decent DM. Just because he can pick out a pass aswell, doesn't mean we shouldn't put him in a role where he can use his more defensive attributes.

I think we're actually going to have two CMs that will chip in with defensive and offensive duties.

Not sure I would want Jones or Bendtner either DVIN. I doubt you're not in the minority.

Again Mantis i see you are still replying to what you think has been stated rather than whats actually in my post but i am glad you have eased up a little and not taken it too personally. Also be mindful that there are some around here that don't don't take kindly to insults (childish) but thankfully i'm not one of them. I just see it as a sign of weakness! :lol:
Sad really that you can't accept that you've been rude and condescending to people. I'm not even the only person that's said this either.

Yes, you should be mindful that some don't take to kindly too insults. I'd follow your own advice if I were you. ;)

I've never been rude, or condescending to anyone on here and certainly haven't resorted to name calling so maybe you should practice what you preach.
You may not think so but you certainly have.

I already do thanks. Perhaps we should continue this via PM, as it doesn't really have any place in this thread?

Gallas isn't available on a free, he's contracted til the end of this season. And if he was, we would be extremely lucky to have him

Thanks for that. Read in one of the tabloids that he was going to be made available on a free but totally agree that he would be more than a decent signing if there was no fee and the wages would be reasonable?

Would be a little more confident with a Gallas Vlaar partnership going into the game with the Hammers.

I've never been rude, or condescending to anyone on here and certainly haven't resorted to name calling so maybe you should practice what you preach.
You may not think so but you certainly have.

I already do thanks. Perhaps we should continue this via PM, as it doesn't really have any place in this thread?

Do you not define calling someone childish as being rude? I mean its in your posts Mantis and I'm afraid if you can't see or admit that then there's actually no reason to PM. I'd much rather debate with someone who can actually debate without resorting to those type of insults.