General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

They didn't want him, sent him on loan continously - he was expected to sign for us, but nobody expected him to play so well.

Absolute nonsense. They sent him on loan to develop his game whilst he wasn't in their starting 11. If he was 'expected to sign for us' then why didn't we just sign him in the first place?

Because Redknapp didn't want to sell him.

So they rated him that much that, they sent him back to Sheffield, then to QPR and then to us?? Walker himself said he wanted to come back to villa the next season, as he was not wanted at spurs.

His performances caught the eye of everyone in the league whilst playing for us. He was offered a contract extension by spurs an Redknapp said he would start the season at RB.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeeez it's been a slow news day Today.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Don't the squad fly out to Germany today? If so, don't expect any news till next week.

They flew out Wednesday for some bizarre reason

So more or less at least 5 days written off

You do realise they have the internet and phones in Germany??

Look at the Vlaar transfer. Nothing was done while we were in the U.S. We come back and a few days later the transfer is done.

Nothing official will be done while the manager is away.

Thanks Randy - dont know why I didnt ask you in the first place.

No problem, big bollocks.

Stop it! you're making me blush! I thought they were average size.

Jeeeez it's been a slow news day Today.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Don't the squad fly out to Germany today? If so, don't expect any news till next week.

They flew out Wednesday for some bizarre reason

So more or less at least 5 days written off

They flew out today, few players been tweeting that they have arrived in germany.

It seems the rumours at the moment are we may still bid for Steven Fletcher although he's seemingly nailed on to Sunderland.

And, a left back is likely to be the next signing but no one player is looking certain, Danny Rose, Aaron Cresswell or someone else.

The way I see it. If its quiet then thats a good thing. It means we are working on a deal or deals that we dont want other people to know about. Probably because other clubs may also go in for them. I.e. they are highly thought of players. Villa are being very careful not to leak anything after the Vlaar fiasco.

:lol: I like that logic!

So what would it sound like if we are not working on any deals right now?

good pick up by the baggies.

wouldnt mind him on loan. If he has a storming season and led us into europe.. then we can probably afford a better striker next season as we will be in europe and attract better players than we can now.

Im all for loans as long as they have the desire to give it their all for the club while there here.

I have basically the same info as Moorski.

I got a text from a well-groomed cashier at Macro that simply said 'We're doing a deal, can't say who, when or how much for & I don't want to jeopardise, I have a customer'.