General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be Berbertov! 5/6 million is how much he is supposed to be available for, proven premier league goalscorer!

Unfortunately I am probably completely deluded here, as his wages, and the fact some very rich russian clubs are hovering around him means we would be right down on his list.

Out of all the names mentioned Carroll is actually the best player (apart from berbertov)! But 20 million is not going to happen. Also all the players mentioned (apart from Bertertov) would benefit most from playing hoof ball. So I hope we are all way off on this one, unless it is Berbertov (which isn't going to happen)!

Anyone think we're in for Lukaku from Chelsea on a season long loan?

Yeah I kind of think we in the mix for him. Someone mentioned that Lambert has spoken about him before, fits the current mould, young, hungry and something to prove.

I think this Jones thing has got to much attention, apparently the guy who broke it had heard it from his friend who is a stoke fan that it was the talk on the stoke training ground. I smell some bullshit. But i have to say that I rate Jones and would be pleased if we were to sign him.

If we could get Romelu Lukaku on a permanant basis OR getting him on a loan with a fixed fee would count as brilliant business for us....

No way we would get that, I reckon chelsea still have high hopes for him.

His agent said yesterday he is in the final stages of tying up a loan move to a Premier League team and that it isn't Fulham (who he'd been linked with). Would like to think we're in for him but another young unproven striker (albeit one with the potential to be the best striker in our team by a long shot) on just a season long loan could be quite risky if Bent gets injured and we havent won the league by November (when Gabby stops scoring) relying on 3 unproven guys to bring in the goals.

I would like Lukaku though dont get me wrong but I'd rather take a similar risk with somebody like Guidetti and have him permanently rather than a year.

I hope we don't loan Lukaku. I think he's got great potential but if there isn't an option to buy after the loan I'd rather we didn't go in for him.

It's one thing to loan a player coming to the end of their career adding experience to the side like Keane did, but to give a rival team's kids a runaround benefits them more than us.

I'd rather we used our scouting network to find our own Lukaku.

Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell says there has been no fresh approach from Aston Villa regarding defender Aaron Cresswell.

Sky Sports revealed last month that Villa had shown an interest in Cresswell, who enjoyed an impressive debut season at Portman Road following his arrival from Tranmere Rovers.

He is under contract with Ipswich until 2015 and Jewell is determined to hang on to the left-back following continued speculation about his future.

However, Jewell has not received a further enquiry from Villa and revealed his priority is to bring fresh faces into his squad rather than see players leave.

"There has been no interest in Cresswell," said Jewell in the East Anglian Daily Times.

"We have had no contact from Aston Villa other than a gentle enquiry I told you about three weeks ago.

"We have had no interest about any of our other players. That could change but I am more interested about bringing people in than moving people out.

"Some players might leave the club but we don't need to sell. We are a very small squad as it is and we want to try and improve it rather than deplete it."

http://tinyurl.com/d26erd6

Hmmm surprised it's gone quiet on the left back front.

No way can Warnock still be our left back for the opening games unless the plan is to continue with Lichaj there which I would be o.k with provided we got someone in to challenge for that position.

Like BOF said earlier i'm not totally convinced we're looking to get rid of Warnock. If Lambert didn't feel he wanted to keep him surely he would have had the same treatment as Hutton? ie... not playing?