General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Yes because you're looking at £35m for fletcher & Carroll

Wake up man !!

We're not going to sign both of Fletcher/Carroll are we so it wouldn't be £35million.

If we signed players at the level you have been suggested i'd be worried about relegation this season.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suggesting realistic targets given our commercials... of which I have no knowledge about just like every other fan but it doesn't stop me from plucking random figures and valuations out of my arse.

Fixed.

I'm suggesting realistic targets given our commercials... of which I have no knowledge about just like every other fan but it doesn't stop me from plucking random figures and valuations out of my arse.

Fixed.

Plucking and arse should never be used in the same sentance.

That reminds me, where is my Clangers boxset. Hmmmm.

but kenwyne jones would be a good buy for us personally. dont understand this forum sometimes, people dont want proven premier league players like jones or fletch but willing to take a gamble on a man city reserve who hasnt kicked a ball in the prem yet. is it just cus his foreign?

Maybe some people might think that way, I personally don't and I suspect many others don't either.

I wouldn't class Kenwyne Jones as a proven Premier League striker at all. The last couple of seasons he has been below average. Fletcher on the other hand I do like, but the money being quoted for him is just too much. I would personally rather take a punt on a foreign player or indeed a lower league player despite the fact they haven't played in the Premier League, assuming they had bags of potential and the will to succeed.

Look at Newcastle and the way they have spent their money recently. Lots of foreign acquisitions and many of them have turned out to be very astute signings. They didn't blow their money on a "proven PL player", instead they scouted Europe and the rest of the world and did a brilliant job. They bought in players like Cisse, Ba and Cabaye to name a few. None of these players had played in the Premier League before and they all cost a damn sight less because of it.

So for me, it's not just because they're foreign, it's because they're unproven and cheaper. The only thing that Kenwyne Jones has proven is that he doesn't get a place in the starting eleven of his club of recent times, let alone score enough goals.

Why waste more money on a known quantity, known to be shit, than less money on an unknown quantity with lots of potential assuming you do your scouting correctly?

I think if we bring in:

David Murphy

N'Daw

N'Zonzi

J. Beckford

Then there is a strong possibilty of a 6th-8th place finish this season. All VERY underrated players.

I thought we didn't get relegated!

We are still playing in the Premier League, right?

Ok, how about Jordan Rhodes

Wow someone we agree on, very raw talent but he really does know how to hit the net, my only worry is Huddersfield don't need to sell and therefore his price would be far too much. Anything under £5mil and i'd be happy....