General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones.

Ergh :-/

If Mcleish had been linked (with him), there would be outcry..

i think its because mcleish probably would have considered signing him up, most people seem to believe lambert isnt that thick, and see it as the made up rumour it is!

Q. If Bent is out injured again would Jones score the goals to keep us safe ?

A. No

A new striker HAS to be one capable of taking on the scoring burden. Not some cheap back up squad filler. He HAS to be able to lead the line and score the goals as well as Bent. You can't afford to have just one goalscorer as we saw second half of last season

Hence why Carroll would be good

But ...

1. Carroll hasn't shown he can score regularly

2. The fee rumoured is about 8m too high to justify it

There's a whole world out there with thousands of proven (in their respective leagues) strikers in it. We don't have to limit ourselves to looking over our shoulders

With the arrival of Kightly at Stoke, cheeky punt for Ryan Shotton anyone?

Maybe get Whitehead as well while we're at it. Could probably get the pair of them for about 15m pounds. Fantastic business.

shotton is awful. stoke fans want rid of him his that bad. what were saying about hutton is exactly what i read about shotton on there message boards

but kenwyne jones would be a good buy for us personally. dont understand this forum sometimes, people dont want proven premier league players like jones or fletch but willing to take a gamble on a man city reserve who hasnt kicked a ball in the prem yet. is it just cus his foreign?

Would anyone else take a punt on Jermaine Beckford at £1.5m

Are you actually on the wind up?

Recently you've suggested we sign David Murphy, Jermaine Beckford and Guirane N'Daw and slated players like Steven Fletcher and I think you slated Andy Carroll too.