General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced he is gone BOF, I just hope Lambert does the right thing and drops him and gets another left back in.. I mean he doesn't even need to spend money put Lichaj or Lowton in instead and drop him to bench.

Warnock is not good enough and never was good enough, I just think more and more fans are starting to realise this.

The problem with Warnock as with Dunne, they won't go, their paid a good wage, their lifestyle suits. Warnock won't shift to Sunderland due to location, look at his missus's response to rumours of him going to Sunderland. Villa is ideal for them, I agree though both should be back-up players.

What he has done has become a scapegoat for last season's woeful performances. Yes he was bad but then so were most the team. It's just certain players get made the victim and the ironic thing is this lack of support towards them just make them play even worse. It's no coincidence our home record was worse than our away record last season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at the fans who pay their money so deserve to vent their anger at the players. I'm just saying it has a very negative effect.

I've never been a fan of Warnock, Dunne, Collins or Hutton. But to hear groans whenever they put a foot a wrong will just destroy their confidence until they are scared to go near the ball. They may be professional footballers but they are also human.

The one indication that we have had though that he may replace him is the approach for Cresswell. Especially as we have cover already in Lichaj and Stevens.

Lichaj is good enough to start IMO however i would like a left back aswell...

I wouldnt say Enda is good enough to start. Seems like a championship player to me.

I'd happily take Naughton as our LB this season. Anything has got to better than Warnock.

I wouldnt say Enda is better...

Is this the general opinion around the club? I haven't really heard anything about him since his move. He was absolutely flying this time last year.

Villa Lobby ‏@villa_lobby

Villa fans. Expecting a signing that is really going to shock some fans. Can't say too much now as I don't want to jeopardize it. #avfc

I was pretty shocked when we signed Marlon Harewood. I hope this signing isn't too shocking!

Villa fans. Expecting a signing that is really going to shock some fans. Can't say too much now as I don't want to jeopardize it. #avfc

Let's not talk about it. The last thing we want to do is guess who it is and jeopardize the deal!!!!

:winkold:

Warnock isn't the liability that Hutton is but I get the impression he won't figure that much and will be replaced soon enough.

Whether we can find another club for him is another matter but I reckon it's a certainty Lambert wont consider him first (or second) choice once a new guy comes in.

I'd happily take Naughton as our LB this season. Anything has got to better than Warnock.

I wouldnt say Enda is better...

Is this the general opinion around the club? I haven't really heard anything about him since his move. He was absolutely flying this time last year.

I heard this aswell... However of course i'd say ive watched him more than most villa fans ( Considering jack plays left wing and he plays left back )

And hes not too clever going forward and defensively hes like another centre back but just doesn't seem prem standard.

Maybe thats because most of the reserves nowadays are youngsters and in a good first team he may look different.

I know this may sound a bit off. But is it wise to talk about other players at the club knowing your son has to see them everyday ?

Surely that could cause some unrest if certain players heard about it

Wow... i hope this is legit. Ive never been so excited :D

Not sure how reliable he is to be fair, would be cool though. Unfortunately I'm getting the feeling that we will be stuck with Messrs Hutton and Warnock this season

Let's not talk about it. The last thing we want to do is guess who it is and jeopardize the deal!!!!

:winkold:

SHHHHHHH!!! don't even mention a potential deal... or any other words beginning with d for that matter in case we scare off any potential signings. I've heard they're very flighty and only come out at night :lol:

I know this may sound a bit off. But is it wise to talk about other players at the club knowing your son has to see them everyday ?

Surely that could cause some unrest if certain players heard about it

Ive been a villa fan before jack was at the villa. Just like you im here to give my opinion on players... And im his brother not his dad ;)