Which kit/top do you wear to a match?

jackbauer24

After the huge discussion over this years kit I wondered what people wear to the match. Maybe someone could add a poll?

For many years I've bought at least the home kit and I've decided maybe now is the time to stop, go retro and get rid of the sponsors etc! Trying to decide between the 80/81 home top (I was born in 80) or the 82 top for obvious reasons.

So what do you wear to a match?

Current Home Kit?

Recent Home Kit?

A kit that means something to you?

A retro kit?

Training gear?

Nothing Villa related?

I don't think i've ever worn a Villa top to a Villa game. In fact I'm not sure if i've ever bought a Villa top myself. I really dislike football tops in general.

The last one I had was the Mellberg one, which was a gift from... Mellberg.

I will wear the current home kit to games. Unless like last season, I bought the home kit, long sleeved, and we went on that horrendous losing spree, so i wore the season before lasts home kit, especially at away games and we either won or drew - was great! Haha, but yea for this season it will be the new home kit :D

I will wear the current home kit to games. Unless like last season, I bought the home kit, long sleeved, and we went on that horrendous losing spree, so i wore the season before lasts home kit, especially at away games and we either won or drew - was great! Haha, but yea for this season it will be the new home kit :D

I did the same! Bought the exact same shirt at the Norwich game and then we didn't win for agessss.

Got deemed the unlucky shirt and I hardly wore it on match days :( Although at some point I happened to wear it and we won or drew, can't remember, but it lifted the curse :D

personally - footy kits are shit...... theyre for kids and to play footy in...... IMO grown men in football shirts make me cringe !!

tin hat time

personally - footy kits are shit...... theyre for kids and to play footy in...... IMO grown men in football shirts make me cringe !!

tin hat time

I would LOVE to agree with this. In fact I DO agree with it, but... I wear my TOFFS 1957 replica (cotton). :oops:

When I go, that is, which hasn't been for about three years now.

tin hat time

I agree and disagree.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear your villa top to a game. That's fine.

But yeah, anywhere else apart from going to a game, and actually playing football, you shouldn't wear a footy shirt. IMO of course.

Personally, I used to wear the current homeshirt to villa games when I used to get the kit every year. Nowadays I don't, so I wear that white acorns away shirt (not the pin stripe one, the one with the blue trim. The "tribute to england" one) just because it's my favourite.

tin hat time

+1

I where them around the house and occasionally on Holiday when walking to the pool/beach.

But each to their own :thumb:

Â