Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

This kid is very confusing to me. He looked like a great buy early on - technically skilled, confident, great passer, like a slightly more attack-minded Petrov. Then suddenly he turned into a steaming heap of bullshit, so that the exact opposite of all those descriptions now apply. So either his early promise was a blip or his current form is a blip. I would like to think it's the latter, but our midfield is so threadbare and lacking in choice it doesn't make much difference what we think anyway. If it's a choice between KEA, Delph or Bannan, I'd pick KEA since the other two have already had way way more chances to prove they aren't crap, yet haven't taken them. KEA's made only 11 Prem appearances, some of which were good, some of which were part of a clearly stupid formation, some of which were less than half an hour. I think we need to give him more time before we bring down the hammer.

Edited by Laivasse

It is quite weird how KEA went from being a great signing to shit all of a sudden. In the first few matches, he was doing quite well in the midfield. I think it has to do with who he is playing with. Last game he had Delph, Holman and Westwood with him who were all awful. He has done well with Ireland previously.

I don't think KEA ever was a 'great' signing tbh.

He may well turn out to have been a terrible buy. But you're a hard man to impress if you didn't get at least a little excited by someone scoring from a great strike in their second ever Prem appearance.

KEA signed by Lambert no doubt to replace Stan, as a keep it simple ball playing midfielder, but for whatever reason has turned into panic stricken turd ever since his first few appearances for us.

Ideallly i think PL would have seen Westwood and KEA established as our first choice midfield pairing by now, the fact that Delph and Bannan get into our midfield regularly is a damning indictment on KEA. In January we need a new midfielder to come in to help Westwood and have two from KEA/Delph/Ireland/Bannan to rotate. offload the other two.

Â