The Aston Villa Chronicles Volume 1 & 2 (1874-1924)

brummybloke

seen this posted on hotukdeals

This fantastic boxed set of the Aston Villa Chronicles is the perfect gift for any Villa fans or fans of football history. The story of the birth and growth of Aston Villa Football Club is both charming and a source of great pride to the club and all who have been associated with it. Written by Club Historian John Lerwill in a warm and easy to follow manner, no Villain would be without this great reminder of the club's history.

£7.99 seems a vey good price for all villa fans who want to know more about our great club

online and instore at theworks ( a discount book store)

dont know if this is a good place to put it but it is all things villa and i do believe i have seen the author post on these here forums?

it was online also but sold out now, check in your local shop, a bargain

http://www.theworks.co.uk/The-Aston-Villa-Chronicles-Volume-1--2-1874-1924-Limited-Edition-Boxed-Set-by-John-Lerwill-/5031079139976.html

These are very well produced, make a great looking gift and John gives us some superb detailed information on our club's proud history. £7.99 represents a bargain!

I have just bought 2 sets from The Works online store at £7.99 each and got a further 15% off by entering

discount code WKS15 making them £6.79 each and only £2.95 post and packaging, fantastic bargain.

I am not sure if they still have any left, but at the Club Shop on Wednesday they had quite a few for £10. I bought it for £40 when it came out and its well worth the money!

Got them at the club store in Feb for 10 pounds. If you have any interest in the early years then these are the bible.

Absolute bargain. Great to dip into now and again but not really a page turner

A long time ago I bought a book ( from AVFC) called "Aston Villa The last 100 years " and that was/is a very good read.

It is all about Aston Villa, from how they started, Aston wesley church FC, how they used to play at Potters Bar right up to the present day ( the present day was a long time ago, about the 1080s )

I take it these chronocles are simela ?

If you're referring to Peter Morris' book then they cover the same period but are written in entirely different styles.

The Chronicles reads more like a comprehensive season by season review of the period wheras Peter Morris' book, while in chronological order, focuses on the highlights and lowlights.

Both are great books.

Managed to pick up The Weir and the Wonderful for 6 quid today from Amazon. Been waiting a while for a good deal on this book!

A long time ago I bought a book ( from AVFC) called "Aston Villa The last 100 years " and that was/is a very good read.

It is all about Aston Villa, from how they started, Aston wesley church FC, how they used to play at Potters Bar right up to the present day ( the present day was a long time ago, about the 1080s )

I take it these chronocles are simela ?

**** me, that would have been a trek, down to Potters Bar.

Now, if only they'd have thought to play at Perry Barr ........

Â