Euro 2012: Group C (Spn, Ita, Irl, Cro)

TrentVilla

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy were fantastic earlier. They were strong all over the pitch, refused to let Spain settle into any kind of dominant rhythm and proved they have enough talent player by player to cause issues. They could well blast their way through playing against the "weaker" sides. If England do scrape the quarters I don't fancy our chances.

I also didn't buy the idea that Spain were "off the pace". They played their game to perfection as always, except that for once they came up against a side who not only knew how to stifle it to a degree but that also had an answer in terms of how to get at Spain, put them on the back foot. I think the Spanish full backs are a weakness (despite liking Jordi Alba as an attacking force) and I think Ramos looks completely lost as a centre half.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say Italy will win this. They are the ONLY side I have seen so far without a glaring weakness and I'm not expecting much from group D.

Spain. Six midfielders? What was that? They looked twice the team when Navas came on. A bit of direct play never hurts. I suspect they'll change it up.

Italy looked good but I think against a more...traditional team, they would struggle.

I think Spain will win it, simply because they have so many options. They got it wrong today, but just look at their squad. Frightening.

But you can't judge after the first round of games.

Spain. Six midfielders? What was that? They looked twice the team when Navas came on. A bit of direct play never hurts. I suspect they'll change it up.

Italy looked good but I think against a more...traditional team, they would struggle.

I think Spain will win it, simply because they have so many options. They got it wrong today, but just look at their squad. Frightening.

But you can't judge after the first round of games.

But you can judge a hell of a lot more than you could before the tournament.

I think for all of what you say about Spain, which is largely correct, they can only put 11 men on the pitch. I think much like Barcelona there are game plans being developed to stop them. First step is to stop believing they're invincible.

That defence of theirs? Hmmmm.

I'm unsure about the criticism of Spains defence. They 1-O'd their way to a WC win. So they can grind it out with the best. I'm certainly not their biggest fan, frankly they are dull most of the time, but they are a good team.

I usually find teams can be judged better when they know where they stand. We'll see what Holland are made of etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing France tomorow.

Â