Euro 2012: Group B (Ger, Ned, Por, Den)

TrentVilla

I hear the black Dutch players got some abuse from a small bunch of knuckledraggers watching training.

I hope Poland finish bottom of their group.

Yes, there was an open training session and black players were bombarded with monkey chants. This isnt going to be a good competition with all the racism that is going to happen and platinni says that any player walking off the pitch on his own will be yellow carded. Thanks for your support!!

Neuer vs James

Friedrich vs Johnson

Mertesacker vs Terry

Boateng vs Upson

Lahm vs Cole

Muller vs Milner

Khedira vs Barry

Schweinsteiger vs Lampard

Podolski vs Gerrard

Ozil vs Rooney

Klose vs Defoe

Germany 5-6 England

I was being generous to Germany as well (Neuer and Schweinsteiger)

Please tell me this is satire. :crylaugh:

I hear the black Dutch players got some abuse from a small bunch of knuckledraggers watching training.

I hope Poland finish bottom of their group.

Yes, there was an open training session and black players were bombarded with monkey chants. This isnt going to be a good competition with all the racism that is going to happen and platinni says that any player walking off the pitch on his own will be yellow carded. Thanks for your support!!

UEFA refusing to investigate the allegations further. Pathetic.

At the time Khedira was not better than Barry.

At the time Neuer was not much better than James.

You're mental mate.

Khedira was and is better than Barry.

Neuer was and is one of the best keepers in the world.

I'd argue Lahm is better than Cole too. Don't get me wrong, Cole is one of the best fullbacks in the world, still. But Lahm is probably THE best fullback in the world

But my point stands for the other two.

2 Opinions which I strongly agree with.

IIRC, wasn't it Barry who lost the ball and was too fat to run back for one of their goals? He had an absolute stinker.

He didn't lose it, but I know the goal you mean.

We had a free kick about 25 yards out. Lampard over it. He was OBVIOUSLY going to shoot, yet both our CBs came forward for it. Lampard shoots, hits the wall, germany tonk it to Ozil who, because our CBs had gone, was being marked by Barry who, as you say, is too slow. So Ozil just waltzed up the pitch and beat him easily.

I don't blame Barry for that goal, it was the CBs fault for comitting themselves when they obviously weren't going to even have a chance of getting to the free kick

I think Cole is the best full back in the world to be honest. He just always performs in big games.

I dislike Cole but he is a fantastic player. Probably Englands best.

Lahm is also top top draw though. It would be a shame to leave one of them out in a "best 11" between those two teams.

Neuer vs James

Friedrich vs Johnson

Mertesacker vs Terry

Boateng vs Upson

Lahm vs Cole

Muller vs Milner

Khedira vs Barry

Schweinsteiger vs Lampard

Podolski vs Gerrard

Ozil vs Rooney

Klose vs Defoe

Germany 5-6 England

I was being generous to Germany as well (Neuer and Schweinsteiger)

Please tell me this is satire. :crylaugh:

You know what? I actually don't think he's a million miles off when you consider the reputations of the players at the time. I'd have Khedira over Barry, and I don't know a lot about Freidrich but he'd have to be pretty poor to be considered inferior to Johnson. But that said, going on individual talent at the time, prior to the game, I don't think there's a huge amount wrong with those comparisons. Oezil obviously went on to be one of the tournaments best players, but I'm not convinced SAF would swap Rooney for him.

They both are different players..

In terms of making and setting up goals I'd say Ozil is much better than Rooney (in my opinion)

As a goalscorer Rooney obviously is much better.

I know Rooney drops deep and does try to play that role but he isn't in Ozil's class.

It's a flawed way of comparing the two teams in the first place, just stacking up the players like-for-like and going "Well, X is better than Y ergo Z". Completely disregards form/injury/tactics/how well the team actually works together. Just as if you were judging solely on form, you'd have to say every single German player was superior going into that game when in truth players like Müller and Milner at their best aren't a million miles apart, for example. That said, the day Glen Johnson is a better defender than Arne Friedrich is the day Arne's slipped down the curtain and joined the choir invisible, and even then I'd still favour his corpse in defence.

If you were going to pick a "best 11" from those two squads I think Engalnd would only get 2 or 3 players in the side.

Probably a better way of doing it, at least then you can shuffle the players about.

Neuer

Lahm   Terry   Boateng  Cole

Khedira 

Müller  Schweinsteiger    Özil

Rooney

Klose

Personally, I'd find a spot for Gerrard. That said, he'd probably get in the way of Oezil, who had the free role during the last world cup.

*Ponders*

Difficult to argue with Gareth's side, except to say that Boateng was playing full back at the time if I remember correctly. Rooney could play left to allow Oezil to play in the free role which he did so well in during that tournament, but it's not Wayne's best position.

Perhaps I'd go with

Neuer

Lahm Boateng Terry Cole

Khedira Schweinsteiger

Muller Gerrard Oezil

Rooney

Reluctantly moving Oezil out wide, because I know he can do a job there from his time at Madrid.

Â