No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main scepticism around this deal, is that it do unlike Villa/Lerner to have actually done any planning before hand. Since O'neill left, it's all reactive stuff. So to have finally admitted Mcleish wasn't for us and started sounding out potential replacements is a massive surprise. Especially if it happened back in April like some suggested.

Genuinely excited by the prospect, no doubt Randy will be backing him if he comes, squad is far too shallow on quality.

My main scepticism around this deal, is that it do unlike Villa/Lerner to have actually done any planning before hand. Since O'neill left, it's all reactive stuff. So to have finally admitted Mcleish wasn't for us and started sounding out potential replacements is a massive surprise. Especially if it happened back in April like some suggested.

And you have proof of the no previous planning bit then??!!!

Lerner tried very hard to get someone in that the fans would have been happy with when MON walked & last summer too.

Houllier & McLeish were not the original plan from everything I know about AVFC.

If Gazton....says it's welcome Ole then it is as good as official as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome OLE!

What's the flight time from Norway to Brum? Cant wait to read all of the reports of RL's jet leaving. Interest mounts :)

Arise from your slumber TT to speak...........

:notworthy:

What's the flight time from Norway to Brum? Cant wait to read all of the reports of RL's jet leaving. Interest mounts :)

Morning....

...i suspect that OGS will be departing around 0830BST

The funny thing about the private jet thing is that was obviously offered to Ole as a way of getting him here and avoiding media/public speculation! He may as well just have gone easy jet wearing a villa shirt!

As it has its own thread a short reprise.

I am privy to information as to the movement of Mr L's aircraft.

Most of the time it flies with him on board.

It is planned out to destinations in Norway, one of which relates to the subject of this thread.

The *assumption* therefore is that Mr Lerner is off to meet said gentlemen.

In the last half an hour I have seen Mr Lerner arrive and get off another aircraft.

His jet is still planned to Norway and will be back in the UK tomorrow.

The new *assumption* is that it is collecting someone.

2+2 = very nearly 4 on this occasion I think.

Robert Henriksen Robert Henriksen ‏@robhenrix

Randy Lerner's private jet landed in Kristiansund to fly Ole Solskjaer to Birmingham tomorrow! #AVFC #MUFC @TrygvesKrav

j73oxy.jpg

That is the one

:!:

Trees your the man :!:

Welcome Ole.

Not yet.

:!: :!: :nod:

Morning....

I've been sitting at this computer for over a year of abject misery now, and let me tell you, after seeing the above posts, I must say it's been by far the best day I've spent on Villatalk in a looooooooooooong time indeed!!!

UTV!!!

Exciting stuff! He wouldnt be coming unless it was a done deal right? I am trying to remember how it went down last year (shudder) pretty much Lerner just spoke to McLeish if memory serves? Lets hope he stays true to form and this is locked down.

Finally we have some vindication for our pains!

I like this potential signing because it is a football decision. In my mind football should always come first as it is what we sell, the merchandise etc. comes from our exposure. Good football will get people talking, playing to win will get him the support of the fans and time will get the results.

Win, lose or draw I would happily back his philosophy more than I ever could that of McShite.

Get him in and let him work.

A key thing here is that for Randy to have sent a jet over to Norway for Ole then 1. Molde must have given us permission to speak to him, and 2. He must have told them he wants to speak to us.

All positive stuff.

Morning....

Morning chuck!

You're infamous... hope the wife delivered coffee & croissants in bed.