General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

KMAC odds are shortening

We tried that for a few games and it did not work smetrov. If he did not get the job back then I cannot see why we would appoint him now.

craigy1874 Paul faulkner has a phone conversation with flores sanchez. I know this because flores directly told a member of staff at talksport towers, who i was sitting next too. Literally this is no lie. Why would i lie?. Im a huge villa fan, and went all giddy when i could claim to have this sufficient info. I was scouring this site this morning when i saw Mysteryman trying to shed some info. As villa fans last year we had days of no info. This is some i thought would interest you guys. I certainly was. ecspecially flores's clams of the playing budget this season. 8 million plus 50% of player sales. Again this is according to flores himself.

I have two problems with your story that you claim to work at Talksport. The first is that if Talksport knew this information why aren't they spreading it themselves? The second, and I'm sorry if it's too personal, but I find it hard to believe that someone studying sports journalism, let alone one who has successfully got a work placement at somewhere like Talksport, has such a poor grasp of spelling and grammar. No offence, it just lessens the credibility of your story even moreso in my eyes.

But hey, if you're right and Lambert is announced on Friday, then fair enough.

Have no idea whether Villaonsea is a wind up but given the facts that AM was tasked with driving wages down, revenues in 11/12 were shite and ST sales for 12/3 are probably still way down, I think whoever is made manager will have a limited budget and have to sell if they want to spend more. I know it's stating the obvious to some extent but I think the rumours that RL was prepared to make another big investment this summers are unlikely.

playing budget this season. 8 million plus 50% of player sales

Have we any players left that anyone would want to pay big money for Villaonsea? £8m to spend? If that is right we would need Paul Daniels to come in as manager to get us back into the top half with those sort of restrictions. :winkold:

I study at the University of arts, and live in Bernard Myers House if anyone would like to know. On your question John i can only answer that as a fan. The sale of Bent or Gabby could raise some decent funds if what flores claims is true. People at Talksport treat me like a clearing in the woods tbh. They literally take the piss out of me as im broke as a motherfuker. But Today this was big news for me. They dont care tbh. All the talk is about the london clubs. Im an outsider.

Ginko- What in the blue hell is that creature below your name

Do i really have to write gramatically on a messageboard? come on cut me some slack!

Just like in the printed press it makes for easier reading.

Am I right in understanding that it's 8 million to buy players? That's barely a Championship budget!

Of course not but it's never good practice for a future journalist to make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. It becomes second nature to you. If you know the proper grammar, why wouldn't you use it? Why go out of your way to add an extra 'o' to 'to' like you have done a few times? Why put a fullstop after a sentence that you've already ended with a question-mark? These are just things that you don't do as a journalist.

Also, other people have picked up on other holes in your story. For me, a big one seems to be that you said you're 90% sure that Lambert will be our manager come monday, yet you're now saying that he hasn't even been approached? How can you be so sure Lambert will say yes? You don't know what he's thinking. You also dodged my other gripe about why Talksport aren't running the Flores thing as a story themselves.

It's not like I don't want to believe you, you're just making it difficult!

Oh and the creature below my name (not sure what it has to do with anything) is the thing that lives under your bed...

playing budget this season. 8 million plus 50% of player sales

u

Have we any players left that anyone would want to pay big money for Villaonsea? £8m to spend? If that is right we would need Paul Daniels to come in as manager to get us back into the top half with those sort of restrictions. :winkold:

:lol:

If we've only 8m to turnaround a squad threatened by relegation then Lerner isn't going to get any of the managers mentioned on here so looks like a big Mick appointment coming up. :twisted:

The sale of Bent or Gabby could raise some decent funds if what flores claims is true.

Besides the fact he wouldn't fetch even 8million I can't see any PL club having any interest in signing Gabby. MON at a stretch perhaps?

The sale of Bent or Gabby could raise some decent funds

@ 50% £4m - £8m I would guess but even if we sold them both £12m added to £8m would be a joke and they would need to be replaced and players added to the squad as well to replace those we are losing for next season for no fee. With those sort of restrictions I think we may need to set our sights much lower as we did last season. :eek: Good luck with your studies in any case Villaonsea. :winkold:

Talksport Run numerous shows throughout the day. We have now reached the off season. Dont you think it is wise for them to concentrate on the dalglish matter, and the England squad announcement? They need topics to create interest in the shows. They will not devote time to this story until there content dries up. They could run this story at any time over the next week. They also received a bit of info concerning Brighton today. This will all be revealed in due course.

Solskjaer 40-1 in places 2 hours ago. Now 20-1 StanJames and 29-2 32Red

Come on. One of preferred choices.

And he comes with a letter of recommendation from Sir Alex Ferguson!

Solskjaer 40-1 in places 2 hours ago. Now 20-1 StanJames and 29-2 32Red

Come on. One of preferred choices.

And he comes with a letter of recommendation from Sir Alex Ferguson!

No way. SAF only recommends managers to other clubs that he doesn't rate highly

we've all focused on Faulkners 'Vibrant' - quote - but what about his 'can grow with the club' - an internal appointment - as I speak KMAC odds are shortening - not by much but he has crept up to 4th favorite now - I fancy him to move in even more tommorow

KMAC was mentioned on twitter yesterday as a surprise candidate.

Whats everyones thoughts on this as a possibility?

.... This is some i thought would interest you guys. I certainly was. ecspecially flores's clams of the playing budget this season. 8 million plus 50% of player sales. Again this is according to flores himself.

The Gent is confuddled, surely if 'TalkSport' were privy to such information they would announce it as an exclusive, "8 mil-8mil, phone in now". Furthermore, with all due respect, history suggests TalkSport do not hold highest journalist due diligence and moral gentlemanly, they would therefore have no qualms about throwing this rumour fish into the dirty sea. In fact, Daily Hate-mail Moxey was purporting the opposite on Talksport, "Learner will provide funds, etc. etc."