General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I do hope we actually sort it quickly like indicated.

Get him in, get the summer/pre-season organised lets get cracking.

One thing I do want is a strong personality to sort the likes of Dunne, Collins etc.

Far too many players doing the bare minimum at our club and they need sorting!

I would be surprised if Liverpools search for a manager includes our potential shortlist.

Liverpool have the same problem as Chelsea ... senior players with huge egos. A Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers type manager would suffer from the same reception as Hodgson. Pools fans also have huge egos and would not willingly except anyone who wasn't a big name.

Villa, have now shifted most of our "big ego" players with the remaining two or three on borrowed time. Villa fans have adjusted our egos, and are now much more realistic about our immediate aims.

The next 48 hours may well give us an indication of our intentions, as the current media frenzy focuses a couple of American chairman on the task of making the right appointment without any unnecessary delay.

Agree with this 100%. I cant see Liverpool admitting their position as a deleted force and picking up a manager from the lower regions of the league, especially with the Hodgson fiasco fresh in minds. They will be after a manager proven at the top level, leaving the door open for us to court Lambert, Martinez or Rogers.

However I could see these men holding out for a call from Liverpool, making our appointment more protracted than it needed to be. Yet more reasons to dislike Liverpool.

One thing I do want is a strong personality to sort the likes of Dunne, Collins etc.

Agree. This is one of the reasons why I'm not sure on Lambert. Obviously this is all just speculation and he could prove me wrong but I don't want a manager that's going to come in and get the best out of what we currently have. I want a manager that's going to come in and get rid of the slackers and then get the best out of his players.

Agree. This is one of the reasons why I'm not sure on Lambert. Obviously this is all just speculation and he could prove me wrong but I don't want a manager that's going to come in and get the best out of what we currently have. I want a manager that's going to come in and get rid of the slackers and then get the best out of his players.

I agree. But I feel given the £££££ we do or don't have it will have to be a mix of both, meaning the manager can get in his players but have to mix it with what we have too.

KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

@jon_snowdon @mini_beest @Agent_ITK Lambert or AVB is still my understanding.

This guy and agent ITK say Lambert. They're usually right...

There are full of shit.

To be fair to that KKFootball if you check his timeline before the Bolton game he was saying he thought McLeish would be at Villa Park next season, then after the Bolton game he kept saying he is off. This also coincides with what Faulkner said in his interview that after the Bolton game they made their mind up.

It don't take a genius to guess. Mcleish was favourite with most bookies to get the sack first. All he had to do was look at the situation and guess and get lucky. They then claim ITK.

To be fair, KK Football hasn't jumped on any bandwagons in the past and is quite calculated in what they say. I think they even got McLeish's departure time within 30 mins (although this could obviously have been guessed). I wouldn't dismiss them completely.

The Liverpool situation is only going to slow things down. If they get Rodgers gutted, but Lambert will still be available, if they get Lambert gutted, but Rodgers will still be available. Either/or will do, would also be content with Martinez or Poyet but we might have to wait until the Liverpool post is filled before we get our man.

Its kind of exciting they are after a swift appointment - but it could also be our undoing. I wonder if after all the rejections last summer - wonder if Lerner flew back to the states saying to Faulkner - 'Get me a manager with premier league experience within a week'

Just hope the silence so far means they are getting the hang of things !

They only way I can see that Lerner and Faulkner are now saying they want a quick/swift appointment is if they have targetted someone for a while now. afterall, last season they took a while and we got that useless prick. Season before took an age and we got poor old le frog with his dodgy ticker.

I reckon it's a done deal for someone, and it's a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Its kind of exciting they are after a swift appointment - but it could also be our undoing. I wonder if after all the rejections last summer - Martinez, Benitez, wonder if Lerner flew back to the states saying to Faulkner - 'Get me a manager with premier league experience within a week' -

Just hope the silence so far means they are getting the hang of things !

They only way I can see that Lerner and Faulkner are now saying they want a quick/swift appointment is if they have targetted someone for a while now. afterall, last season they took a while and we got that useless prick. Season before took an age and we got poor old le frog with his dodgy ticker.

I reckon it's a done deal for someone, and it's a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Makes sense. McLeish was effectively a goner after the Bolton game, and that was three weeks ago. Plenty of time to sound out potential new managers. This is why I'm thinking our new manager could be out of work.

Wouldn't rule out Ranieri, or maybe someone we have yet to even consider on here.

KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

@jon_snowdon @mini_beest @Agent_ITK Lambert or AVB is still my understanding.

This guy and agent ITK say Lambert. They're usually right...

There are full of shit.

To be fair to that KKFootball if you check his timeline before the Bolton game he was saying he thought McLeish would be at Villa Park next season, then after the Bolton game he kept saying he is off. This also coincides with what Faulkner said in his interview that after the Bolton game they made their mind up.

It don't take a genius to guess. Mcleish was favourite with most bookies to get the sack first. All he had to do was look at the situation and guess and get lucky. They then claim ITK.

To be fair, KK Football hasn't jumped on any bandwagons in the past and is quite calculated in what they say. I think they even got McLeish's departure time within 30 mins (although this could obviously have been guessed). I wouldn't dismiss them completely.

Someone asked him

Jon Snowdon ‏@jon_snowdon

@KKFootball1 ok cool. any approaches yet to the managers yet? #avfc

He said

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

@jon_snowdon None as of yet.

Someone after that asked

Joe Ridley ‏@joe_ridley

@itk_agent Any news on #avfc? heard Lambert wasn't interested in the job?

He said

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

@joe_ridley @itk_agent You heard wrong.

So if he hasn't been approached how does he know he's not interested? Seems like bollocks to me.

Just think he deserves some credit given he changed his mind quite evidently at the same time as the board.

Youre right though it doesnt take a genius to guess he was off

People are just hanging onto the hope he resigns, which he wont. Randy wont sack him either so i think he's here for next season.

Just think he deserves some credit given he changed his mind quite evidently at the same time as the board.

Youre right though it doesnt take a genius to guess he was off

People are just hanging onto the hope he resigns, which he wont. Randy wont sack him either so i think he's here for next season.

Like i said GUESS

Plus, i aint claiming to be some ITK who really knows **** all.