General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Well one thing is for sure all Villa fans agree that none of Megson, Bruce or McCarthy "excite the fans". My opinion is that we will try and push for Lambert ASAP, not only to avoid Liverpool swooping in and taking him, but also to give him plenty of time to start sorting our mess of a squad out.

Agree. I never believed for a second we were even slightly interested in McCarthy, but it's nice to hear it from MM.

Calm down all!!I'd be hugely shocked if Mick McCarthy got the job and I don't think he's a realistic candidate but contact WAS made - that's the story. Nothing more than that.

The reasons why? Your guess is as good as mine.....I guess it is just Villa doing their due diligence.

MM, any idea how quick things are moving? Next couple of days? Next couple of weeks?

I don't but they know there is a hell of a lot of deadwood to be sorted out SO SOONER RATHER THAN LATER !

When I was berated earlier in the season with you have ' nothing to back it up ' about the wrong uns they had to simply go with it both privately and publicly to get us over the line . In hindsight that was a mistake they knew the culprits last summer but decided to give them another chance under AM which was wrong and almost a complete disaster .

Logic tells me go for Number 1 target this week he says yes then we get him in before he goes on holiday or they turn next week to the other options ( Yes they have other options ) . So logically max 3 weeks !

That's the bizarre bit, why even make contact?

You could easily draw up a short list of 3 or 4 decent managers without the need to sound out MM

That's unless we are being knocked back by the decent ones

Calm down all!!I'd be hugely shocked if Mick McCarthy got the job and I don't think he's a realistic candidate but contact WAS made - that's the story. Nothing more than that.

The reasons why? Your guess is as good as mine.....I guess it is just Villa doing their due diligence.

That is not true :!:

MM, any idea how quick things are moving? Next couple of days? Next couple of weeks?

I don't but they know there is a hell of a lot of deadwood to be sorted out SO SOONER RATHER THAN LATER !

When I was berated earlier in the season with you have ' nothing to back it up ' about the wrong uns they had to simply go with it both privately and publicly to get us over the line . In hindsight that was a mistake they knew the culprits last summer but decided to give them another chance under AM which was wrong and almost a complete disaster .

Logic tells me go for Number 1 target this week he says yes then we get him in before he goes on holiday or they turn next week to the other options ( Yes they have other options ) . So logically max 3 weeks !

After your "inside info" on McLeish last year, I'm amazed you have the sheer brass neck to show your face round here.

Contact probably was made, Mick's agent phoned the Villa and got told to **** off.

Guess that constitutes a story as you never said who made contact.

From the horse's mouth.

From the horse's mouth.

Nope :!: PM

After your "inside info" on McLeish last year, I'm amazed you have the sheer brass neck to show your face round here.

you forgotten the other stuff hes got right in the past then, just because someone gets some inside info that was wrong once in while doesn't mean they can't come on here.

From the horse's mouth.

If you mean Faulkner/Randy then fine, if you mean Mick then I'd say that was Mick bigging himself up and talking his usual amount of shite.

Sounds like its hotting up with Randy jetting in with a target in his sights! Sounds as though there was actual preparation this time round rather than the scatter gun approach! Interesting to see Mysteryman and Father Abraham go toe-to-toe, my money would be on Mysteryman this time round. A move which would excite fans sounds interesting, I'm intrigued to watch the appointment process this time round.

From the horse's mouth.

Now now boys....

Sounds like its hotting up with Randy jetting in with a target in his sights! Sounds as though there was actual preparation this time round rather than the scatter gun approach! Interesting to see Mysteryman and Father Abraham go toe-to-toe, my money would be on Mysteryman this time round. A move which would excite fans sounds interesting, I'm intrigued to watch the appointment process this time round.

Intrigued - ??? i genuinley can't get to sleep at night ! (not a cliche !!)