General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

The likes of Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Ireland would eat Martinez for breakfast

He strikes me as a nice man, who wears a nice crisp suit and a silk tie, polite but timid and weak, his Wigan team are generally woeful for most of the season

He won't come to us anyway so we needn't worry

The likes of Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Ireland would eat Martinez for breakfast

He strikes me as a nice man, who wears a nice crisp suit and a silk tie, polite but timid and weak, his Wigan team are generally woeful for most of the season

well he got the best out of NZogbia who has one of the biggest egos in football...even when he knew Zogbia wanted to leave the club...

and he had the bottle to drop Rodallega for the run in..another big personality....

maybe you don't have to come across as tough and hard to handle big personalities...

there are other ways to get respect you know

well he got the best out of NZogbia who has one of the biggest egos in football...even when he knew Zogbia wanted to leave the club...

and he had the bottle to drop Rodallega for the run in..another big personality....

maybe you don't have to come across as tough and hard to handle big personalities...

there are other ways to get respect you know

Agreed. Look at McLeish. He's the opposite of of Martinez (negative, dour, comes across as a prick) yet he clearly can't handle anything.

Actually no I don't think he did, like everyone else who has managed N'Zogbia he struggled to get the best out of him.

The only time he got the best out of him was before the January window when he almost went to Birmingham and at the end of his last season when again he was playing for a move.

I don't think you can credit Martinez with getting the best out of N'Zogbia, his form in those two spells was down to the player himself and all about the player himself which is rather typical of the guy.

Actually no I don't think he did, like everyone else who has managed N'Zogbia he struggled to get the best out of him.

The only time he got the best out of him was before the January window when he almost went to Birmingham and at the end of his last season when again he was playing for a move.

I don't think you can credit Martinez with getting the best out of N'Zogbia, his form in those two spells was down to the player himself and all about the player himself which is rather typical of the guy.

yeah there mat be some truth in that Trent...

i just think it is very harsh to label Martinez as weak

yeah there mat be some truth in that Trent...

i just think it is very harsh to label Martinez as weak

So do I actually, I should have agreed with you there.

I'm not actually Martinez's biggest fan however I don't think anyone could label him as weak and have a credible point personally.

sod it, if we are dammed to mid table mediocrity get Di Canio in. Exciting, speaks his mind, doesn' take no crap from players or indeed the media or opposition.

If post match interviews can be like this, awesome

sod it, if we are dammed to mid table mediocrity get Di Canio in. Exciting, speaks his mind, doesn' take no crap from players or indeed the media or opposition.

He`s a facist aswell.

It would be like having Mussolini in charge of AVFC. No thanks.

He is a right wing fascist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1506262/Im-a-fascist-not-a-racist-says-Paolo-di-Canio.html

The player has, in his autobiography, praised Mussolini as "basically a very principled, ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood".

Really. you want this guy in charge.