Villa's high average wage

Heretic

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01052012/58/liga-barcelona-world-best-paid-players.html

According to new figures collated by the highly-respected industry analysts Sporting Intelligence, Barcelona's first team squad earn an average of £101,160 a week - that's over £10,000 a week more than at any other club, playing any sport, anywhere in the world.

Second on the list is Real Madrid, whose players are far behind on a meagre £90,859 each, while Manchester City (£86,280) and Chelsea (£79,197) occupy third and fourth spots on the list.

Basketball's LA Lakers are the best-paid non-footballers, squeezing in at fifth with £73,612.

Baseball's New York Yankees are sixth (£72,093) despite having the world's best-paid team sportsman, Alex Rodriguez, on their books picking up a whopping £384,615 a week. The Yankees were number one when the list was originally published two years ago, but since then wages have been restricted across the Atlantic while in Europe the amounts demanded by top players has continued to rise.

Manchester United are just outside the top 10, with first team players pocketing an average of £63,514, while Arsenal (£61,532) are 16th and Liverpool (£60,954) are 18th.

The only other Premier League teams in the top 100 are Aston Villa at 41st (£47,401) and Tottenham at 51st (£44,394).

Incredibly, AV has the 41st highest average wage taking into account all clubs in all sports.

Ha, just posted this in the Summer Rebuild thread.

It is worrying that we've actually moved up 10 places on the list from last year. Obviously some of that could be teams above us now paying less, but surely to move up 10 spots we must be paying more on wages and I thought we were meant to be cutting down!

So much for Barca doing things the 'right way', eh. No better than City. ;)

With players like Bannan, Albrighton, Herd, Clark, Baker, Weimann, Gardner all on around 5k-20k a week tops im wondering who on earth is pushing this wage bill up now?

Ireland, Heskey, Dunne, Given maybe 60k a week, mainly because of bad management not because they deserve it.

Collins, Warnock, Hutton, Nzogbia, Gabby, Cuellar, Petrov 45k Ish?

Bent should be the only one near 80k.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01052012/58/liga-barcelona-world-best-paid-players.html

According to new figures collated by the highly-respected industry analysts Sporting Intelligence, Barcelona's first team squad earn an average of £101,160 a week - that's over £10,000 a week more than at any other club, playing any sport, anywhere in the world.

Second on the list is Real Madrid, whose players are far behind on a meagre £90,859 each, while Manchester City (£86,280) and Chelsea (£79,197) occupy third and fourth spots on the list.

Basketball's LA Lakers are the best-paid non-footballers, squeezing in at fifth with £73,612.

Baseball's New York Yankees are sixth (£72,093) despite having the world's best-paid team sportsman, Alex Rodriguez, on their books picking up a whopping £384,615 a week. The Yankees were number one when the list was originally published two years ago, but since then wages have been restricted across the Atlantic while in Europe the amounts demanded by top players has continued to rise.

Manchester United are just outside the top 10, with first team players pocketing an average of £63,514, while Arsenal (£61,532) are 16th and Liverpool (£60,954) are 18th.

The only other Premier League teams in the top 100 are Aston Villa at 41st (£47,401) and Tottenham at 51st (£44,394).

Incredibly, AV has the 41st highest average wage taking into account all clubs in all sports.

Its not that incredible when you think Bent is on 80k, Irland is not far behind,Stan is on 67k, Gabby is on 60k give or take. Then Cuellar,.Dunne,Collins,Warnock are all over 40k. Zoggy and Hutton are around £40k and Makoun is around that figure also.

Given is on a high wage also not far off 60k.

Higher wages than spurs and their revenue pisses all over ours.

Our average wage was around 20k under Doug. Classic financial mis management from Randy and Faulkner

So our players earn on average, the 13th highest of any football team, in the world, yeah I'll say that again, IN THE **** WORLD. 41st highest of any sport. Oh dear Randy you silly f**kin sod. We are currently in danger of being relegated, but at least our players can refill the bath with £50 notes each week.

Its not that incredible when you think Bent is on 80k, Irland is not far behind,Stan is on 67k, Gabby is on 60k give or take. Then Cuellar,.Dunne,Collins,Warnock are all over 40k. Zoggy and Hutton are around £40k and Makoun is around that figure also.

Given is on a high wage also not far off 60k.

Higher wages than spurs and their revenue pisses all over ours.

Our average wage was around 20k under Doug. Classic financial mis management from Randy and Faulkner

Remember under Doug when 40k per week was the absolute maximum that you could earn at AVFC.

Now it's the average wage.

In a way this could be seen as progress.

The top clubs play the top wages.

With players like Bannan, Albrighton, Herd, Clark, Baker, Weimann, Gardner all on around 5k-20k a week tops im wondering who on earth is pushing this wage bill up now?

Ireland, Heskey, Dunne, Given maybe 60k a week, mainly because of bad management not because they deserve it.

Stan is 67k believe it or not. Gabby is near enough 60k I have seen his wage slip :lol:

I am also under the impression Ireland is on the same as Bent. I have it on fairly good authority that Ireland has a clause in his contract which states he has to match the highest earner so when Bent came in he got a pay rise!!

Alex Rodriguez world's best-paid team sportsman? Is that just in Baseball or across all sports?

Accross sports. I think baseball's top contracts are generally the highest of all team sports.

I'm angry that I can spend 48 hours a week doing some absolutely bullshit and boring work on my computer each week to earn what Heskey does in the time it takes him to have a quick dump in the bog. We are hugely overpaying poor quality, we certainly are not being repaid on the pitch!

Alex Rodriguez world's best-paid team sportsman? Is that just in Baseball or across all sports?

Accross sports. I think baseball's top contracts are generally the highest of all team sports.

I thought Eto was paid more? Maybe im wrong.

Ha, just posted this in the Summer Rebuild thread.

It is worrying that we've actually moved up 10 places on the list from last year. Obviously some of that could be teams above us now paying less, but surely to move up 10 spots we must be paying more on wages and I thought we were meant to be cutting down!

So much for Barca doing things the 'right way', eh. No better than City. ;)

Those figures are for 2010-11. Blackpool are listed as a premier league team.

These figures are obscene. While MON has alot to answer for, since he has left we have paid Bent, Ireland, Given, N'Zogbia way over the odds in wages.

Do we have anybody at VP with a financial or football brain?

I was listening to Peter Withe on the radio the other day. He mentioned his wages when he was at Nottingham Forest during their days of winning the League and European Cup etc.

He was on less than £200 per week. Now I know that is over 30 years ago now but for **** sake I don't think my calculator could work out the % rise of a top player since then!

He was on less than £200 per week. Now I know that is over 30 years ago now but for **** sake I don't think my calculator could work out the % rise of a top player since then!

There's power in a union... PFA.

Carew and Sidwell were on more than Bent and Mackoun . :!:

My understanding high earners Heskey , Ireland , PetroV , Collins , Dunne , Warnock and Cuellar . 5 out of that lot to go

Bent 52k Gabby not far off that

Stan is 67k believe it or not. Gabby is near enough 60k I have seen his wage slip :lol:

I am also under the impression Ireland is on the same as Bent. I have it on fairly good authority that Ireland has a clause in his contract which states he has to match the highest earner so when Bent came in he got a pay rise!!

If Bent leaves in the summer does this mean that Ireland will have to take a pay cut?

My understanding high earners Heskey , Ireland , PetroV , Collins , Dunne , Warnock and Cuellar . 5 out of that lot to go

To go when? I can't see any other clubs being prepared to pay their wages.

you are way off with DB

Â