Villa's high average wage

Heretic

It's also good to remember that N'Zogbia was actually very good in Wigan, so the club probably thought he's worth the salary. I remember someone saying that Makoun is at 30-35k / week when he was signed.

Delph on 30k? Really?

In reckon its at least 25k...remember the big chase to get this wonderkid for 6 million :oops:

When are our young players on 5-10k renewing contracts because you can be damn sure the agents will be saying if Delph is worth this much etc my players is worth 25k too :?

Wow, nice work there!

However it has to be considdered that our revenue will increase (maybe matchday too, unless Randy screws up the manager choice) thus the percentage will fall further.

What is the current thinking as to a 'safe' working percentage?

actually our revenue will probably stay static (£92mill in 2010/11 from finishing 9th) from finishing lower, but offset by increased revenue from Macron and possibly a cup run.

i think Randy will be aiming to keep the % at 70%.

66% is the common 'good practice' number quoted generally.

**Ender 4 you forgot Petrov as well.

I kept Petrov out as this is a calculation going forward, and i don't see Petrov playing for us again. And the wages already in his contract will now be being paid by medical insurance.

plus medical insurance (10%) = £44m

plus bonus (15%) = £46m

Bonus calculation seems light. I would say you would need to add another £2-3m to get the 15%. Otherwise, that is great work and we must now be getting to the place where we can start to rebuild the squad with cheaper options than we have let go recently.

plus bonus (15%) = £46m

Bonus calculation seems light. I would say you would need to add another £2-3m to get the 15%. Otherwise, that is great work and we must now be getting to the place where we can start to rebuild the squad with cheaper options than we have let go recently.

Bonus!!!! For last seasons sh*te!!!! :shock:

plus bonus (15%) = £46m

:oops:

corrected it now, will repost.

My reckoning on 2012/13 wages before we sign any new players.

(don't worry about exact figures for each player, some will be higher, some will be lower).

Bent - 70 k per wk

Ireland - 65

Given - 60

Dunne - 55

N'Zogbia - 55

Agbonlahor - 50

Makoun - 40

Warnock - 40

Collins - 35

Hutton - 25

Delph - 25

Holman - 25

Delfouneso - 15

Albrighton - 15

Herd - 15

Bannan - 10

Clark - 10

Stevens - 10

Lichaj - 5

Baker - 5

Weimann - 5

Carruthers - 5

Gardner - 5

Youth players - 25

Total Basic wage = £670k per week = £34.8m

plus NI @12.8% = £4.4m = £39.2m

plus medical insurance @10% = £3.5m = £42.7m

plus bonus @10% of basic = £3.5m = £46.2m

Total Players wage cost = £46 Mill

Average wage cost for players = £38k per week

Manager @£40k/wk = £2.7m (inc NI & bonus)

Other Staff - £10m

Total Salaries = £59m

Wage to revenue turnover = 59/90 = 65.6%

I think the high wages are responsible for the performances. I get the impression that they are all in one big comfort zone. Picking up a small fortune whilst under no pressure at all to achieve anything.

Great facilities, historic club, great stadium, great wages, no pressure. Sounds like the Good life to me.

Thats why they performed for and didn`t like o`neill and houllier, both of those guys kicked them up the arse.

I`d rather have a squad and wage bill like norwich, keep them hungry and motivated.

Two biggest wastes of money ever!
Bigger wastes than Heskey and Beye? I don't think so.
Oh, yes, there were understood [square brackets]...

[of the players remaining in the squad].

Although £9.5m + £55-60k pw for Zoggy has got to be up there with the most wasteful of them.

Out:

Warnock

Collins

Delfounseo

Delph

Hutton

Wage = £140k per week

In - Nobody

£140k per week saved

Are you sure RL's vision isn't more like this?

I dont think its far off that

In Feb this year after the Villa Fulham reserves game I met Alex McCleish at BH for the second time .

This was in response to a letter I had sent into him about the broken promises from the first meeting and generally telling him we all felt about the football and his signings .

I promised him I would not divulge everything that was said but was amazed at his honesty and have to say as a Man I like him but that did not change my opinion about his appointment and what we were watching .

I am still in contact with him and actually text him the day he resigned I still think he is a decent bloke but simply not for AVFC , he never was !

But what he was very vocal about was 2 things one being that RL would provide money for signings in the summer and if there was a need to pay a certain player 100k a week we would but the pot was the pot .

He said he was on the same page as RL about this that the wages were out of proportion to our turnover and we were over paying people and they were past their best.

I took from this if there were special players then they would go out and pay it Darren Bent is a prime example but they couldn't do it on 10 of them .

He said we would need 5 players because whoever was in charge would be faced with the same problem that the seniors are not good enough and don't care enough .

Â