Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

So Norwich ask to speak to a manager and said club lets them? They should maybe learn from that.

And we feel morally obliged to pay the full compo......maybe you should learn from that!

You're legally obliged to pay it. As you're legally obliged to honour the terms of your contract with Lambert.

Are you on a wind up or are you really this stupid/naive?

And don't preach to us about morality. This is a club that waived shirt sponsorships to support a charity.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Norwich ask to speak to a manager and said club lets them? They should maybe learn from that.

And we feel morally obliged to pay the full compo......maybe you should learn from that!

But not morally obliged to stick to a previous agreement with Paul Lambert, interesting

On morals and even ignoring our Acorns sponsorship, do they not remember how they came by Lambert in the first place? I mean come on. Selective memory? This is the pot calling something that isn't even black 'black'.

:lol::lol:

Morally obliged? Get off it... you're paying compo 'cos you have to pay compo. It has nothing to do with morals, if there was a clause in his contract stating he is free to speak to Premier League clubs, do you think you'd still feel "morally obliged" to pay compo then? No way.

Indeed. It's a similar situation to the MON scenario with us. That was a rolling one-year job as I recall - and he stung US for constructive dismissal. Perhaps PL may do the same with Norwich...

Annnnnnnnd back on topic, is the press conference at VP or BMH?

I'd love to see scenes at VP like when MON was first appointed!

It's a Villa Park for definite...... Pete Colley is sat in Trinity at mo speaking live on SSN.

PC on AVFC streaming live apparently also for anyone overseas.

Annnnnnnnd back on topic, is the press conference at VP or BMH?

I'd love to see scenes at VP like when MON was first appointed!

Won't happen unfortunately. The scenes then in many ways were not about O'Neill. It was a release as the fans knew that Lerner was coming in and it was a bright new dawn. dreams of Leagues, Champs Leagues etc etc

Now we know that isn't realistic anymore and I don't blame Lerner. But the MON greeting was down to other factors.

There will be a decent crowd but not a hero's welcome.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Just turned up at #AVFC for Lambert's unveiling. Already around 70 or so fans braving the rubbish weather to welcome him.

It's not rained at all up here since last Friday, just been off and on a bit grey.

I wont get back from work until 6, so hopefully the press conference will be available on AVTV to watch later. I have access as I'm a ST holder, and it's pretty good to be honest. Extended match highlights (more than MOTD's usual 2 minutes!), reserve highlights and press conferences are worth a look.

How about a thread dedicated to the PC? Wont be able to follow avtv directly but still want as many updates as possible, it would be easier to keep overview, a bit like match threads.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Just turned up at #AVFC for Lambert's unveiling. Already around 70 or so fans braving the rubbish weather to welcome him.

It's not rained at all up here since last Friday, just been off and on a bit grey.

Rubbish weather?

It's a mild 15C and slightly cloudy here in Kings Heath. Is there a cold weather front somewhere between here and Aston?

Hard to imagine this putting anyone off.

"Oh, no. I was going to to VP to greet PL, but it's slightly cloudy so I'd best stay in..."