Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this quote from Lambert in the Independent:

"It's an incredible opportunity," he said. "You look at the history. The size of the football club is vast. It's something I'm not going to shy away from. It's the first time I've got money. But whether you're making little money or lots of money, I still expect the desire to win games.

I take this to mean it's the first time he has real money to spend on players (ie a decent warchest) but I could be wrong, he may mean it's the first time he can afford to pay someone else to wash his car for him...

Interesting comment that, obviously been told about the apathy within the squad.

Got a great feeling about this summers dealings.

I noticed this quote from Lambert in the Independent:

"It's an incredible opportunity," he said. "You look at the history. The size of the football club is vast. It's something I'm not going to shy away from. It's the first time I've got money. But whether you're making little money or lots of money, I still expect the desire to win games.

I take this to mean it's the first time he has real money to spend on players (ie a decent warchest) but I could be wrong, he may mean it's the first time he can afford to pay someone else to wash his car for him...

lol does sound like he is talking about his own pay, but im pretty sure he was talking about player budget and wages as he said "what they earn."

I think he was alluding to the fact that he will now be having to motivate a player who is on more money.

Or maybe he was talking about himself, perhaps norwich paid him in tractor parts and shredded wheat or something.

Anyone know if Lambert is planning on overhauling our scouting network?

Big changes coming!

Our scouts have been told to hand in their bicycles as they will now be given brand new scooters to enable them to scout as far away as Walsall.

Dont think we will have too long to see players come in as he said he has already spoken about who he wants and will leave it to the powers that be to get them in, also said he was not sure on who will stay out of the current squad as he wanted to see who could adapt to his way of playing and who couldn't, think this will go on right up to the end of the transfer window, good part is he has already earmarked certain players so he has been thinking about this for a while,

How many season tickets were sold last year?

about 22000

and as it stands, we're on course to sell 21,000. Hopefully that boosts a lot more towards the start of the season!

I cant believe we sell less season tickets than WBA and Norwich. We should be closer to 30k IMO

Bloody Norwich fans seem to forget that we have acted above board in our dealings and forgot that when they got PL from Colchester they had to pay compo and were FINED for their actions.

This is from vital Norwich

I fancy this is well in the hands of Lawyers by now.

On thing for sure there will be many clubs that will be be very warey as to doing business with Villa in the future.

Note that Norwich followed the correct procedure in thier dealings with brum and did the honourable thing in agreeing compensation.

Villas position remains an utter disgrace. Honour is certainly a word that can ever be used by that club again.

As for the tuncoats to begin raiding our playing staff most I would envisage us wanting to keep are under or have just signed contracts. Could make them a very expensive option.

Like I said upthread, it's the same as when MON walked out on us - but at least PL has given them time to get a replacement.

And given the way he seems to be pretty pissed off with them, what's to stop HIM getting his lawyers in and suing THEM for constructive dismissal compo, like MON did to us?

They should just shut up.

Bloody Norwich fans seem to forget that we have acted above board in our dealings and forgot that when they got PL from Colchester they had to pay compo and were FINED for their actions.

This is from vital Norwich

I fancy this is well in the hands of Lawyers by now.

On thing for sure there will be many clubs that will be be very warey as to doing business with Villa in the future. Note that Norwich followed the correct procedure in thier dealings with brum and did the honourable thing in agreeing compensation. Villas position remains an utter disgrace. Honour is certainly a word that can ever be used by that club again. As for the tuncoats to begin raiding our playing staff most I would envisage us wanting to keep are under or have just signed contracts. Could make them a very expensive option.

Deluded but it's a waste of time trying to explain it all to them, they just don't wish to listen so leave them to it.

They don't call him McNasty for nothing!

I think Karsa and Culverhouse are vital for PL from what I've read. Really hoping they do come to Villa. Do any ITKs have any good info on whether this is likely?

Any ideas from anyone who PL would be likely to go for if Culverhouse and Karsa stay put??

I think Karsa and Culverhouse are vital for PL from what I've read. Really hoping they do come to Villa. Do any ITKs have any good info on whether this is likely?

Any ideas from anyone who PL would be likely to go for if Culverhouse and Karsa stay put??

Richard is your man for this.