Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

james milner?

With the supposed funds we have< i think we can now do better. Don't recall him pulling up too many trees at the Barcodes this year

He's playing pretty well at the moment actually Rudy.

Also, he's stil only, what, 20?

I'm getting the impression that he won't be sold though. I have to say I'm totally clueless as to who we may or may not sign in January.

i seriously expect us to get around 5 players in january, we just aren't good enough at the moment

i bet MON's getting fed up of getting done over by managers who are around his level as well, like allardyce, mourinho, fergie and benitez.

hughes, bouma, agathe, sutton, angel, baros, gabby, berger, hendrie, dj dj, samuel, whittingham, osbourne, gardner do not possess enough quality/have not shown enough quality to take us forward, and i expect them to either leave or get loaned out in the next few seasons.

delaney, mellberg, cahill, davis, moore, ridgewell, laursen, petrov, barry, mcann, sorenson have the quality or have shown enough quality to say they can take us forward and push on with added signings.

if we want to cement ourselves at top 6 regulars.

I'm getting the impression that he won't be sold though. I have to say I'm totally clueless as to who we may or may not sign in January.

Milner wont be sold, as Ratboy has said so along with the fact he has been one of there best players.

Also i agree with the above but i just don't know where they are going to come from.

We desperatley need players its really starting to show now.

I'm sure MON knows this but he can only do a certain amount he cannot force a club to sell players to us.

Poo :(

i seriously expect us to get around 5 players in january, we just aren't good enough at the moment

i bet MON's getting fed up of getting done over by managers who are around his level as well, like allardyce, mourinho, fergie and benitez.

hughes, bouma, agathe, sutton, angel, baros, gabby, berger, hendrie, dj dj, samuel, whittingham, osbourne, gardner do not possess enough quality/have not shown enough quality to take us forward, and i expect them to either leave or get loaned out in the next few seasons.

delaney, mellberg, cahill, davis, moore, ridgewell, laursen, petrov, barry, mcann, sorenson have the quality or have shown enough quality to say they can take us forward and push on with added signings.

if we want to cement ourselves at top 6 regulars.

You wanna keep delaney? Are you insane? Yeah gabby is no good thats why he has played every minute of every game thise season out of position. Samuel has been injured and i think deserves the chance to show if he can cut it, whitts osbourne and gardner are young so they shouldnt be playing every game and have all shown enough to suggest they can be good, ill agree that they should be loaned out but that would mean we would need to replace them after we signed further signings to boost the squad.

if we can get delaney fit, he is a quality player, i realise thats a big IF

this will offend a lot of people on here, but gabby just ain't good enough, if it was a competition on who could run the most he would be brilliant but this is football, if you have pace you should be able to dribble, and i genuinely think i would be a better crosser of the ball, i think he should be loaned out in order to improve, as every game for me further backs up that he just is not good enough, i wouldn't suggest getting rid at all, because theres time to improve, but at the moment hes needs to technically improve a hell of a lot, and that should either be in the reserves or on loan.

i get the feeling samuel could prove me wrong, but at the moment judging on his last few seasons hes been a bit of a joke defender tbh, a liability.

i said over the next few seasons, so over the next few seasons whilst whitt's osbourne and gardner are out on loan we should be able to get more players in.

We dont need delaney he is earning money for nothing, i wouldnt even sign him on a pay as you play as its a waste of time. Same could be said about Laursen really, replace him with curtis davies (if possible)and get in two good RB's, id like hoyte and a more experienced player for that position then allowing us to disspose of hughes.

Gabby is quality, he has been played out of position all season but in 4-3-3 he was good but out wide in 4-4-2 he isnt as good, he needs to be played through the middle but who would we play wide right then? People need to realise MON is operating with DOL's team and a small squad that he is being forced to play 442 with despite the fact it obviously doesnt suit us.

Samuel needs his chance, if he regains his form of 2-3 years ago (DOL's first season) id be extatic and that would be a problem solved.

the guy is worth more than £10m now.

Err no he's not.

He has been good but he aint worth 10mill. How can someone who cannot dribble with the ball be worth 10mill?

He had one advantage his pace, a secret weapon nobody knew about at the start of the season and got some joy of it.

Now each team we play knows it, a good experienced defender who is slow can keep a quick player quite.

You need something more than pace to take a step up, Arron Lennon for example has it at the moment Gabby doesnt.

He'll come along nicely though :D

With regards Gabby he has been our best player this season and that is why he has played every minute

:shock:

how can you say that?

how about the many games where hes done absolutly nothing?

a player playing on the right who hasn't put a good cross in all season, and rarely goes past the oppostion?

i realise hes a striker, but playing in that position and not putting in crosses, or going past players and having more than a handful of gamnes where he hasn't been involved means that he hasn't been our best player.

the reason hes played every minute is because we don't have a right winger for one and two we need someone with pace up there, to keep the oppositions defence on there toes etc

if gabby wasn't playing we would have no pace what so ever in the attacking third and would allow the opposition to push up high and put us under pressure, throughout the game.

he should be given a chance up front as i've said in other threads, but IMO i would prefer him to be brought out when we have more options available and taken into either the reserves or sent on loan to improve technically.

i realise there is no other choice kkr and that this is what DOL left us, thats why i don't critisice MON's tactics, and this is why gabby is playing every minute.

Im willing to let samuel have a chance, he deserves it as he has been injured but i think if we could get him back to the form that saw him get the england call up that would be a need sorted.

I would agree with giving Samuel another chance.

Left mid before leaft back!?

Probably should be left back so we can use Barry's qualities in midfield but we have Samuel, Bouma and Whitts who can play there but the problem is are any of these good enough.

Our key needs by order of importance-

right mid

striker

right back

striker

left mid

left back

Having not kept a clean sheet in 6 matches and having conceded 12 goals in that period I'm beginning to wonder whether we need to look more seriously at central defence.

Having said that, I think this is largely to do with having our first choice keeper out so I'll agree with that order.

gabby just ain't good enough

I'm pretty sure a lot of defenders will disagree with you on that one. Gabby is a play that should be playing but perhaps he is in need of a little break but with the depth of our squad it is impossible at the moment. On my shopping list would be:

RB

LB

LM

RM

S (possibly 2)

TBF we arn't going to get all of the above so it will hopefully be at least one of RB/LB and LM/RM.