Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

A deal with us and Albion and a deal with us and Wolves? or a deal between Albion and Wolves?

oooh ignore button off, a deal for a player from Wolves and a deal for a player from Albion, both to Aston Villa, a team who abide in Aston, in Birmingham.

Well obviously Davies would be the one from West Brom although the lad Kamara has been on fire this season, and i know we've been linked with Murrey from Wolves but the big midfielder Olifengania (sp) has been pulling up trees in the middle of the park for them from what i've seen and he's got big potential,

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A deal with us and Albion and a deal with us and Wolves? or a deal between Albion and Wolves?

oooh ignore button off, a deal for a player from Wolves and a deal for a player from Albion, both to Aston Villa, a team who abide in Aston, in Birmingham.

gera and murray possibly...

or davies and murray...

be very happy with the latter...

Hmmmm Murray's progress has been hampered by inury but I still regard him as a good prospect. Any move for him would see him moving back to Wolves on loan until the summer though I think.

what does everyone think about Micah Richards..!!!!he's brilliant...shouldn't we be in for him?that's real ambition

it is also unrealistic

I'm sure I heard they turned down £15 million from Chelsea for him, could have been red top rubbish though, if so they are holding out for the kind of ridiculous fee they got for SWP, which would be insane for us to pay.

Incidentally doesn't he come from Birmingham, any idea who he supports?

what does everyone think about Micah Richards..!!!!he's brilliant...shouldn't we be in for him?that's real ambition

it is also unrealistic

I'm sure I heard they turned down £15 million from Chelsea for him, could have been red top rubbish though, if so they are holding out for the kind of ridiculous fee they got for SWP, which would be insane for us to pay.

Incidentally doesn't he come from Birmingham, any idea who he supports?

He supports Arsenal.

and no, he does not come from birmingham.

He was born in Brum while his family were visiting relatives. Thats as far as it goes really.

Stupid price for a full back.

I point you in the direction of Gareth Bale, 12 million of your finest. Now THATS stupid money for a full back.

Micah Richards? £15m is a bit steep, I'd say closer to £10m and he'll be seen as a bargin within 2 years.

I'd love him, but it aint gonna happen.

Stupid price for a full back.

I point you in the direction of Gareth Bale, 12 million of your finest. Now THATS stupid money for a full back.

Micah Richards? £15m is a bit steep, I'd say closer to £10m and he'll be seen as a bargin within 2 years.

I'd love him, but it aint gonna happen.

Nope a stupid price for a full back.

Let's put it this way. In 2 years time (if not quite yet) he's going to be far and away the best full back in the country. At the very least top 2 or 3.

I think you're massively underestimating the impact a full back can have in the modern game. Say we sign a nippy 'traditional' left winger and move Barry to left back full time, would he not be worth in excess of £10m in your eyes? If your answer to that is yes, then I guess it depends on how highly you rate Rchards.

The full backs, in my opinion are still the least important positions on the pitch. To spend £15+million on one baffles me, it really does(unless your chelsea of course).

So, 2 years ago, Gary Neville wasnt worth £10m? £15M? £20m?

A good full back can make the difference between a full varied attack or a hit and hope ala Bolton.

unless youre chelsea or manure, theres no point paying over £10m for a full back, although i consider them just as important as the rest of the team, you gota be realistic, like theres no point spending over £10m on a keeper, for the same reason that if you look a little harder, you will find a better bargain for less

richards and bale are both young, yes, and will no doubt be inthe england squad in a few seasons, but they arent worth that ammount yet, maybe in a few seasons, but mancity and sounthampton are being greedy and trying to cash in now, even though they arent worth it

No point in asking questions towards transfer-fees, you can't possibly judge the value of a 17 year old.

What if he goes on to be a brilliant player for 14 years for the same club? Which means they don't have to buy

another one in all those years. He can flop as well, like Jeffers. The big clubs can afford to do so easily.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here yet, but SSN are this morning reporting we are leading a number of clubs looking to take Alan Smith on loan for the rest of the season from Man Utd, with a view to a permanent move.

Thoughts?

I wonder how long it would take him to get up to fitness to be honest and then whos position he would take, I see Carew playing target man role with either Gabby, Ashley, and Luke playing off him. He would bring experience with him and if we were to have injuries he would help out but I don't see where he would fit into the team.