Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NRC is not the answer. We need a powerhouse, a physical dynamo who can win headers and run from box to box.

That was supposed to be Petrov!

:lol:

It will be, believe!

Petrov, a physical dynamo who wins headers and runs from box to box? I think not! :P

NRC is not the answer. We need a powerhouse, a physical dynamo who can win headers and run from box to box.

That was supposed to be Petrov!

:lol:

It will be, believe!

Petrov, a physical dynamo who wins headers and runs from box to box? I think not! :P

Agreed Wurzel, Petrov was bought in to add a bit of guile!

Defoe has no chance of leaving spurs this Jan.

Unless we offered £15 million plus.

A work colleague who for reasons best known to hm supports Wolves reckons someone phoned up Tony Butler last night and said that Robbie Keane was spotted at Villa Park, did anyone else hear this or can I file it in the bin marked wind-up.

Martin O’Neill today revealed he has bid around £10m for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips - and claims the player would have been happy to join Villa this month.

The Villa boss says the Wright-Phillips offer - their interest in him was first reported in the Express & Star last month - is in addition to the signing of Ashley Young and John Carew.

And if Chelsea don’t sell now, O’Neill may return with a bid for the England international in the summer.

“We made a bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips, but let me be absolutely catagoric - we wanted Ashley Young as well,†said O’Neill.

Just saw this...is it bollox are they just regurgitating?

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/01/26/villa-bid-%c2%a310m-for-winger/

Martin O’Neill today revealed he has bid around £10m for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips - and claims the player would have been happy to join Villa this month.

The Villa boss says the Wright-Phillips offer - their interest in him was first reported in the Express & Star last month - is in addition to the signing of Ashley Young and John Carew.

And if Chelsea don’t sell now, O’Neill may return with a bid for the England international in the summer.

“We made a bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips, but let me be absolutely catagoric - we wanted Ashley Young as well,†said O’Neill.

We could grab him then in the summer.

We could grab him then in the summer.

The 10 million bid is probably either late news or simply made up. Whats interesting is the quote saying he was interested in both together!

Tell you what i have a feeling edgar Davids is going to appear somewhere you know...Martin jol does'nt see him in his plans so that would be good cover for mcann. You never know curtis davies could be on the way here and i persnally think that would tie us over for a while.

I know it isn't likely, but Alan Smith is still a possible target. I don't think he will want to move, but he might be thinking about it now that Hargreaves is back in the frame unless he returns as a striker, not in the midfield.

Is Maloney that good that he'd be displacing these players because he certainly isnt a goal'scorer.

He got 16 goals and 20+ assists last season. And it's all well and good saying "well, it was only in Scotland", but at half a million it's hardly a big risk

Shaun Maloney and a host of other young celtic players were there when mon was there, if he thought that they had enough to survive down there you can guarantee he is in for them.

Personally I think maloney is well worth 1m to add depth to the squad , he is a star up here but not the finished article required to set the prem alight.

I think that after celtic have got in someone to replace maloney he will be a villa park.

I dont think SWP will be joining in Jan, although I remain to be surprised and delighted.

However what this does do is give an indication of how much money we still have or had available to spend in Jan. £10M on top of the Young money at least