Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MON has been saying he can play either wing, centre forward, or behind the forwards. ie his versatility is one of his great values. I assume he'll play at right midfield but if we had another player who could do RM he could do LM easily enough.

I think MON has been saying he can play either wing, centre forward, or behind the forwards. ie his versatility is one of his great values. I assume he'll play at right midfield but if we had another player who could do RM he could do LM easily enough.

Yeah but he can't play on both wings at the same time!!! :shock: :bang:

I thought young was for the right wing.........???

Young is a forward player who can play in a number of attacking positions. I'm sure Youngs versatility is one of the reasons MON brought him to the club. He'll probably play right midfield/right winger most of the time, but depending on who the opposition are, not always.

For example, in last seasons play off final, he played just behind Marlon King through the middle whilst Darius Henderson, who normally played alongside King, played on the right. Againest Villa earlier this season, he played on the right side of midfield in the first half but was pushed up front for the second, a half which Watford dominated.

And why not mister smarty-arse??

For 10 mill he should be able to play both wings, get down for goal line clearances, kick perfect inswinging corners AND run into the box to head them home, and put on a fool-proof academy award performance in the penalty area EVERY GAME!!

And why not mister smarty-arse??

For 10 mill he should be able to play both wings, get down for goal line clearances, kick perfect inswinging corners AND run into the box to head them home, and put on a fool-proof academy award performance in the penalty area EVERY GAME!!

well...unless he has magical powers...he can't fill two positions on the field at the same time....unless this is something we knew nothing about.......lol.....and he was indeed also a member of the X-men or fantastic 4...lol

well...unless he has magical powers...he can't fill two positions on the field at the same time....unless this is something we knew nothing about.......lol.....and he was indeed also a member of the X-men or fantastic 4...lol

Quantum football! That would be an idea. Let's see if we get a few physicists in the backroom team instead of the usual psychologists and dieticians.

SSN said earlier that we were looking to bring in more players, more news after the break as well as all the transfer rumours, only to then go on and not mention Villa. Hopefully there will be more unveiled after the press conference, i hope MON says something along the lines of oh yes we will have 1 or 2 more in for sure!

This is not rumour or speculation just thinking out load.

Ray Parlour freed by Boro. If if can prove his fitness would he be worth a short term or pay as you play contract.

No transfer fee involved as he is a free agent. What do you think?