Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I still believe MON is after his five big signings, but maybe one more bigsigning and a couple of fillers for this window. But i must add that i am absolutely delighted with the Carew and Young transfers so i would still be happy if we do not get any more in this window

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like us to raid Watford again and sign speedy Hameur Bouazza, he is same age as Young and is quality! prob be able to get Hameur for around 2.5-3mil! Plays on the right and is fast. Prob Watford's best player this season apart from our new boy!

Whats everyone think?

Personally I'd be very happy if we got NRC in at Villa Park.

I think he's exactly the player we need, especially if Zidane and Petrov pick up more knocks or suspensions. We need quality to come straight in, NRC oozes that. Plus he's young.

£4m, bang him in the team and watch him maul the Barcodes again!

Personally I'd be very happy if we got NRC in at Villa Park.

I think he's exactly the player we need, especially if Zidane and Petrov pick up more knocks or suspensions. We need quality to come straight in, NRC oozes that. Plus he's young.

£4m, bang him in the team and watch him maul the Barcodes again!

Zidane?!!! :? :? :shock: :shock: :crylaugh::crylaugh:

If we don't sign anyone else how about:

-------------------Sorresen---------------------

Hughes------Mellberg----Cahill-------------Barry

-----------------McCann--------------------

Young-------Petrov----Davis--------------Gabby

-----------------Carew-----------------------

Hughes------Mellberg----Cahill-------------Bouma

Young-------Petrov----Barry--------------Gabby

If we don't sign anyone else how about:

Hughes------Mellberg----Cahill-------------Barry

Young-------Petrov----Davis--------------Gabby

Hughes------Mellberg----Cahill-------------Bouma

Young-------Petrov----Barry--------------Gabby

Bardsley??

Martin O’Neill today welcomed his second Villa signing in as many days and vowed there could be more before the January window slams shut.

Ashley Young sealed his £8m move from Watford on a four and a half year contract after the paperwork was finally completed yesterday to follow Norwegian striker John Carew.

But manager O’Neill revealed he’s working to bring in at least one more signing - with a right-sided midfielder or central midfielder favourite.

American midfielder Claudio Reyna, who has been allowed to leave by Manchester City, could enter Villa’s radar.

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/01/24/reynas-on-oneill-wish-list/

What shitty journalism...this story doesn't even bother to try like it has credible information......reyna is allowed to leave...MON wants more players...so he must be on the wish list...bloody shocking!!! :bang:

With MON stating we're still on the look out for more players - I hope he goes in for Nigel Reo-Coker. He's certainly a player who could improve our central midfield either in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1 formation. With his agent basically stating he wants to leave, Wet Spam may be tempted to offload him sooner rather than leter to avoid any dressing room unrest etc

It definitely won't be Reyna... he is signing for New York Red Bulls today.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I tell you who I would sign: Kieran Richardson.

He is doing bugger all at United and needs a chance to prove himself. He is young, pacy and needs to be playing if he wants to get in the England team.