Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Have to say the mood on here has changed markedly

Last week, doom and gloom lets all commit suicide

Just waiting one more week has made all the difference!

It's would appear that all the promise is/could become reality............

No signings or apparent activity in the transfer market = Grumpy fans!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say the mood on here has changed markedly

Last week, doom and gloom lets all commit suicide

Just waiting one more week has made all the difference!

I would say the first win in 12 games had something to do with that. Charlie Chuck could play for Villa for all I care, I just want to be winning.

hello all, been reading this site for a while but have just joined. thought i would cfreate an account to let you all know what i know on forthcoming transfers.

mauro camoranesi is very close to agreeing terms

robbie keane too, however his injury is stalling things

lyon are haggling over carews pay off from his contract

second option to that is luca toni.

like i say thats what i know, just reporting what i know. cant tell you how guys, but lets hope they come off

well, i never expected to be called a bullshitter minutes after joining, but hey thats life!

never said luca toni was coming, read again before you spout off!

You have to remember that we hear so many "certainties" concerning transfers, it is hardly surprising that they are met with a bit of scepticism, especially when sources for such rumours are not stated.

I also mentioned this in the Young thread-

Before you flame me for this its just a rumour a very week one but i thought worth posting here, i am in no way claiming it to be true!

Ok when i was in uni today my baggies mate was on a baggies forum he goes on and one of the posters there "claims" to work at Villa Park. He was saying that we will have a press conference for Young and Carew AND maybe Diop today. Either that or Young and Carew and we are trying to muscle in on wigan's diop deal also.

Toon confirm Davies interest

Glenn Roeder has confirmed his interest in bringing West Brom defender Curtis Davies to Newcastle.

The Magpies chief has seen a number of moves fail to bear fruit this month, as he attempts to beef up his options.

Roeder has made strengthening his defence one of his key priorities and Davies would appear to be high on his wish-list.

"Getting top-class young English defenders like Curtis Davies is proving a tough nut to crack," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"I have to say he's one of the players we have targeted in the January window, but if we don't get him he has to be a possibility for the summer."

Roeder also confirmed an approach for one of Arsenal's young guns had fallen on deaf ears.

"We have asked Arsenal if we could have one of their young players on loan, but Arsene Wenger said he wants to keep him at the moment because he is not ready to play Premiership football week-in, week-out," stated Roeder.

"We have accepted Arsene's decision and, as far as this player is concerned, that is the end of the matter."

Source: http://tinyurl.com/3cm9s6 - Skysports.com

Not sure if we would need this fella now. I'd say Cahill is just as good as him, if not better. Mellberg, Ridgewell, Laursen. The ability of Bouma and Barry to play defence also.

Shame though, think Toon will have a new CB come the arrival of Villa next week.