Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

OK its friday morning, anyone having medicals? Anyone?

Right then since they are not, MON and Lerner should resign, Ellis to come back and appoint Hoddle since they are obviously the better candidates...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone up the Whore Park Hotel or whatever it's called and find out.

I called and asked for Carew. I was transfered to someone that sounded 6'4" so I guess that rumour is true.

He then went on to tell me that the hotel was packed with Egyptians, Rumenians and Brazilians, but a brat with a sun tan living there was expected to check out soon, which would help the situation. He thought they were expecting the return of some Germans as well, but had later found out it was someone called Jermaine they were talking about.

They were all waiting for someone called Alan Smith, but he was unfortunatly not well today and had canceled all appointments.

Can we stop talking about the OS Message Boards please. Firstly its totally OFF TOPIC and secondly, we don't particularly like posters commenting on other Villa Fansites, we are all Villa fans after all

Posts Deleted

I've got to admit, I can't help but laugh at the fact that the long awaited opening of the transfer window - something we've been looking forward to with much excitement since Randy and MON arrived - has seen no permanent signings but three players actually leave the club!

Who'd be a Villa fan????

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is moving to ease his goalkeeping worries by lining up Lasse Staw.

The Villa boss has had to draft in Gabor Kiraly on loan from Crystal Palace due to injuries to Thomas Sorensen and Stuart Taylor.

Kiraly has performed capably but dropped a high-profile clanger during injury time of the FA Cup defeat to Manchester United last weekend.

Staw has represented Norway at youth level and, although being offered a new deal with Fredrikstad, his ambition is to play in the Premiership.

Villa have invited the 19-year-old to come to England this Sunday to begin a trial.

"I have known about this for a couple of weeks but I didn't know on which date I was supposed to go there," he told ffksupporter.net.

"Aston Villa have followed me for a while now and have been talking to my agent.

"I don't want to commit for three or four years with Fredrikstad. I want to keep my options open."

A new kid on the block:)

I read that report as well, they're clearly wrong about "easing goalkeeping worries", he's one for the future, not for now.

Nope, I can officially confirm that MON has been having sleepless nights lately about who will be between the sticks for us in the 2014/15 season :D

clicky

RIVALS MOVE IN FOR YOUNG BID

West Ham are threatening to hijack Villa’s bid to sign Watford forward Ashley Young - and they fear unrest at Chelsea could end their chances of getting Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Villa understand the Hammers are the un-named club who have made a £7m straight cash bid for the 21-year-old to gazump their own £5m-plus offer.

And the club reckon Chelsea are reluctant to do any business amid reports suggesting coach Jose Mourinho could quit in the summer.

Boss Martin O’Neill is waiting to see whether owner Randy Lerner will up the stakes for the 21-year-old, who has become his No 1 target with Liverpool and Tottenham unwilling to sanction departures for Craig Bellamy and Jermain Defoe respectively.

So the club have been talking to spuds/Defoe. Blow me down.

clicky

RIVALS MOVE IN FOR YOUNG BID

West Ham are threatening to hijack Villa’s bid to sign Watford forward Ashley Young - and they fear unrest at Chelsea could end their chances of getting Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Villa understand the Hammers are the un-named club who have made a £7m straight cash bid for the 21-year-old to gazump their own £5m-plus offer.

And the club reckon Chelsea are reluctant to do any business amid reports suggesting coach Jose Mourinho could quit in the summer.

Boss Martin O’Neill is waiting to see whether owner Randy Lerner will up the stakes for the 21-year-old, who has become his No 1 target with Liverpool and Tottenham unwilling to sanction departures for Craig Bellamy and Jermain Defoe respectively.

So the club have been talking to spuds/Defoe. Blow me down.

Don't believe everything ... yadda yadda