Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdulkader Keita would be a brilliant signing.

Plays as right winger for Lille, available at around £6-7m a realistic target.

Quick, strong and very tricky...easily the best right winger in french Ligue1.

Yes, I said this ages ago. This guy looks very good. I've seen him play a few times and would be a top signing.

Its more to a left back then a good left foot though. Would be wicked getting those sorts of talents, but that movie which was linked, aint exactly promoting his qualities at left back IMO.

Its more to a left back then a good left foot though. Would be wicked getting those sorts of talents, but that movie which was linked, aint exactly promoting his qualities at left back IMO.

I didn’t watch the film tbh. I ve seen not that much of him, but I know a few Southampton fans who say he’s great. Its more the combination with Barry that excites me; when Samuel was onform that season, it was the combination with Barry that made it so exciting. They complemented each other. I think Samuel has sadly lost that, and Bouma is just not good enough.

It depends on the price, but we have to make a gamble and I think that he will be available....

Guest LennonVanVliet

MON was after Bardsley in August, so a loan move may be likely. What is he a right back? We definitely need someone in that position and he is highly rated at Manure. I've also heard that Nugent is a nailed on deal in Jan. If we are following the Spurs route of signing promising British talent, thats ok by me, but I'd also like a few good 27-28 yr olds as well.

I don't think Darren Bent can keep Charlton up.

The only realistic chance of survival they have is cashing in on their only valuable asset and use the money to get a few cheaper players that might keep them up.

I'm not saying Villa should get Darren Bent (they might not even want him) but in my opinion, Charlton seriously need to consider selling him.

I don't think Darren Bent can keep Charlton up.

The only realistic chance of survival they have is cashing in on their only valuable asset and use the money to get a few cheaper players that might keep them up.

I'm not saying Villa should get Darren Bent (they might not even want him) but in my opinion, Charlton seriously need to consider selling him.

Agree.

In January they could hope for £12million or so for him. That could be spent on 4 or 5 new additions (and they need new players all over the park) to keep them up.

What happens if they don't sell him and he suffers a loss of form or is injured?

I'll tell you what, they're completely **** and they wish they'd sold him in January.

Unfortunately Keita and Lille are playing Manchester United in the CL in Feb. What chance do we have, really?

Well, we can always offer him 2 games at OT before Lille gets there and then at least 2 fixtures with them every season. ;)

Just an observation; Tottenhams two goals today both scored by young British players bought from lower leagues

I like Tottenhams plan where they bought in Davenport, Huddlestone, Dawson, Lennon, Defoe, Carrick, the Irish fella that's now at Charlton and probably one or two others that I've either forgotten about or that didn't make it. Then started to supplement them with European players.

However I do wonder if they got lucky, is there this much talent in the lower leagues at the moment ?

Don't know about Bardsley, he hasn't excelled at Rangers as expected. He is better than Hughes though, much better at passing the ball and being available for link-ups. He has been nurturing from the imfamous Gary Neville :P

Curtis Davies I am all for; he is strong and a good header, and Wenger wanted him before he got Gallas. Not a bad review....

But Randy Lerner; if you know anything about soccer you should buy David Beckham, or at least make an attempt.

He would solve the right-side crisis, the low attendance-crisis, the set-pieces and everything. It has been a long while since

we had a real hero at Villa Park.