Which one player would you have liked to see in the prem?

Guest av1

Iniesta. I suppose we have someone very similar in David Silva, but the way Iniesta seems to have so much time on the a ball is a joy to watch.

Then again, if Shevchenko taught us nothing it's that players who should rip this league a new arsehole don't necessarily do so.

I'd have liked to see van Basten play in the modern era. His technique and awareness of everything around him was sublime. If van Persie is the best striker in the Premier League, then I'd love to see what van Basten could do here.

Then again, if Shevchenko taught us nothing it's that players who should rip this league a new arsehole don't necessarily do so.

Shevchenko was just past his peak when he joined Chelsea and i think he gets unfairly criticized, Veron would have been better player to suggest ;)

Veron wasn't regarded as the best player in the world in his position at the time, as far as I know.

But yes, I agree with your point. I was just so disappointed with Shevchenko. I was genuinely excited to see him in the league and thought he was going to be fantastic.

Bixente Lizarazu, every time I watched him play he seemed to be doing things otehr full backs could only dream about, he was just rampaging forward he was an all round footballer. His height may have been an issue though so thats why Id have liked to have seen how he got on here.

Maldini and Batistuta are two great shouts, Id add to the Serie A list by saying Baggio, He could have been another cantona type figure for some team

When I was younger, one player who I though twas made for this league was Kluivert, but he turned out to be a huge disappointment. The kid he was at Barca seemed to have everything

Veron wasn't regarded as the best player in the world in his position at the time, as far as I know.

But yes, I agree with your point. I was just so disappointed with Shevchenko. I was genuinely excited to see him in the league and thought he was going to be fantastic.

for me Veron was the 1st player that was actually world class at time of joining the Premier League,

Some very good shouts here. I feel late though it's only two pages in.

One not mentioned so far would for me be Trezeguet. Not a great player but a great striker.

Rijkaard would probably fit in well too.

Fernando Redondo if ever a player was made for the PL it was him

awesome footballer, pity injury ruined his career and a stupid manager stopped him going to 1998 world cup over his hair

I will keep with Billy Walker, Harry Hampton, John Devey, Joe Bache, Eric Houghton, Tom Waring, Johnny Dixon, Peter McParland, Billy Garraty, Dai Astley, Len Capewell

And probably George Best, Sir Tom Finney, Jackie Milburn and Kenneth Dalglish

Â