Which one player would you have liked to see in the prem?

Guest av1

First of all sorry if this has been done but I've not been able to find a thread.

I've just watched the highlights of Bilboa v Shalke, and yet again been blown away by Raul.

Just got me thinking how much i would have loved to see this guy grace the premiership .

That in mind, which one player would you have loved to see play in England?

At the risk of being captain obvious, Lionel Messi. Especially if he had came through the youth team at one of the smaller clubs and had a couple of seasons there before the inevitable mega money transfer.

At the risk of being captain obvious, Lionel Messi. Especially if he had came through the youth team at one of the smaller clubs and had a couple of seasons there before the inevitable mega money transfer.

Yeah same, can't see him ever playing in England.

Also Ronaldo, he was one of my favourite players

Totti would have been fun.
I'll go with this. He'd also have given the papers a fair bit to write about :lol:

Always thought Nedved was a great fit for the prem. Kaka too.

Batistuta.

One of my favourite strikers, he could have monstered most leagues but I think he'd have been made for the English game - strong, great in the air, a wonderful shot, a superb finisher and not without a little skill with the ball (about all you could ask for more of imo for the perfect striker was a little more pace). And you'd be talking about a possible clash of 2 quite similar strikers in their prime what with Shearer at that time too. Would have been fascinating.

said it in the mid week thread, aimar, i think would have been realistic too, you look at what silva and mata are doing now and its come too late for him

i'll throw ronaldinho out there too, amazing player, the relationship between him and the crowd at the nou camp was unlike anything else ive ever experienced, it was like the air got sucked in everytime he got the ball

Batistuta.

One of my favourite strikers, he could have monstered most leagues but I think he'd have been made for the English game - strong, great in the air, a wonderful shot, a superb finisher and not without a little skill with the ball (about all you could ask for more of imo for the perfect striker was a little more pace). And you'd be talking about a possible clash of 2 quite similar strikers in their prime what with Shearer at that time too. Would have been fascinating.

Me too. He was as good as Ronaldo, but always played for more inferior teams. Great scoring scoring record and had everything in his game

Was going to say Batistuta, but I've been beaten to it, so in that case I'll say Riquelme.

a great player but Riquelme lack of pace and urgency would have seen him be a major Premier League flop :(

Â