Well this comes as a shock, Chris Samba racially abused..

RussG

well fifa have always maintained they aren't apolitical body, which i can sort of understand, because if a world cup host is chosen on their human righs record, then there won't be much to choose from, will there?

not that i agree with that stance, because fifa are one of the few global organisations that could make a powerful statement by telling russia to bugger off until things improve, but like every other global organisation, money talks.

anway things won't improve in russia for a while yet. when people flee corrupt african countries, i don't think russia is high on their wish list. untill the country has a greater ethnic mix then ignorance will remain.

well fifa have always maintained they aren't apolitical body, which i can sort of understand, because if a world cup host is chosen on their human righs record, then there won't be much to choose from, will there?

not that i agree with that stance, because fifa are one of the few global organisations that could make a powerful statement by telling russia to bugger off until things improve, but like every other global organisation, money talks.

anway things won't improve in russia for a while yet. when people flee corrupt african countries, i don't think russia is high on their wish list. untill the country has a greater ethnic mix then ignorance will remain.

Human rights aren't the issue with regard to the World Cup, it's the racism. Given that it's a World Cup there will inevitable different races there. Being subjected to racist abuse isn't exactly ideal. But yes, you're right, money talks it seems.

I really don't want to sound like like im to aportionate any blame to a victim of crime (racial hatred being a disgusting and reprehensable crime) but until Russia drags itself out of the dark ages, why as a back guy would you want to live/work there. I've had a couple of beers tonight so again if I've not articulated myself properly i apologise. im in no way suggesting this behavior ok. just it should not come as a shock to any player that decides to play in Russia.

As bad as it is that any player received racial abuse I have literally no sympathy for Samba. He knew or should have known what was coming his way when he signed for them, I presume he did and opted to take the money.

that was the point i was trying make Trent, in no way shape or form is racism acceptable.

but go to a ice age country like Russia and surely this behavior is to be expected.

Does it make it right? he'll.bloody no,, but surely he knee what he was singing up to.

As you say £££££££

As bad as it is that any player received racial abuse I have literally no sympathy for Samba. He knew or should have known what was coming his way when he signed for them, I presume he did and opted to take the money.

spot on. unless he was an absolute moron he knew this would happen. If unhappy he could have just stayed at Blackburn on his paltry 60k a week contract

I am studying political science and ended up here completely by chance when my father saw a competition which I entered and was lucky to win.

There are just two students studying for free here. The rest are paying about $6,000 per academic year.

I share a room with two Russian girls in the hostel, which means I am picking up the Russian language.

But I have got friends from all over the world, including Korea, Jamaica and India.

We are all frightened of the skinheads. As a black-skinned girl, the university is the only safe place in Moscow.

Beyond its bounds, it is another world. Lots of the foreign students have been attacked or beaten up. But I cannot sit in my room all the time.

I need to go to the shops, and I sing in a choir, so I just pray nothing bad will happen every time I go out.

I am not sure what I will do when I graduate.

I would like to go to Europe, but that might not be realistic. I might end up staying here and pursue my main interest, singing, even if I am frightened.

A Ghanaian student's experience at Patrice Lumumba University, Moscow.

Â