Well this comes as a shock, Chris Samba racially abused..

RussG

The likes of Spain are hardly angels when it comes to racism are they..

Anyway, on topic, as said, Samba knew he'd get abused. As posted, Odemwingie was. And isn't he half-Russian? He went for the money.

Saying that it just shows FIFA's decision to give the cup to Russia quite ridiculous, a poorly infrastructured, vast, and separated country (not to mention a bit nippy ;)) country with a racism problem... but they've got money and power. So why not.

The likes of Spain are hardly angels when it comes to racism are they..

Anyway, on topic, as said, Samba knew he'd get abused. As posted, Odemwingie was. And isn't he half-Russian? He went for the money.

Saying that it just shows FIFA's decision to give the cup to Russia quite ridiculous, a poorly infrastructured, vast, and separated country (not to mention a bit nippy ;)) country with a racism problem... but they've got money and power. So why not.

Russia is actually very hot between June and August, but the rest I agree with.

Lol.

Russia I can live with.

Qatar I cannot.

I can't live with either. Neither Russia nor Qatar are fit to host a World Cup.

Russia at least have a footballing pedigree.

They have played at numerous World Cups and Euros.

Qatar have never qualified for the World Cup.

Giving the World Cup to Russia was such a stupid idea. Racism is rife in Russia, everyone knows that.

Its a bit ignorant to say that, Has been a number of racistincidents in Engladn this season with fans and players but nobody has said England is rife with racism

Giving the World Cup to Russia was such a stupid idea. Racism is rife in Russia, everyone knows that.

Its a bit ignorant to say that, Has been a number of racistincidents in Engladn this season with fans and players but nobody has said England is rife with racism

Do black people get targeted by groups of neo nazi's in england? No. Do bananas and monkey chants get thrown at players in england? No.

Do bananas and monkey chants get thrown at players in england?

There have been incidents. A friend of mine was subject to that exact type of horrific abuse playing for his local non-league team. It was **** disgusting.

WA2558376.jpg

Poor George, he didn't deserve that at all.

The two aren't comparable. And I think you know it.

but his comment was saying racism is rife in Russia indicating a majority of Russians are racist which I believe isnt true the same way a load of idiots at a game in Spain or Italy doesnt make the people from there racist.

If Samba was racially abused in Mexico or China this topic wouldnt have started its just that England lost out to Russia in World Cup bid

Bullshit.

Mexico and China haven't won a world cup bid and don't have a long running history of racist incidents in football (as far as I know)

If they had, and they had been given a world cup recently, then there WOULD be similar comments about them getting a world cup, whether England had lost out to them or not.

A number of incidents? There have been 4, unless I'm missing something and 1 of those is as we speak (regardless of what is on You tube) still alleged.

The three incidents being, Suarez, the Liverpool fans abuse at the Suarez, the Liverpool fans abuse of the chap in the FA cup (I forget his name) and the alleged incident with John Terry.

So that is 4 incidents I admit in a short space of time but beyond those 4 I'm struggling to think of anything that has happened in years.

So yes racist incidents happen in England and English football the same as they do the world over. They are though largely isolated incidents and had it not been for Suarez and Liverpool's defence of him which to the retarded amongst their fans must have seemed like a green light for this sort of behaviour, I think there would have been 2 less.

It is really stretching it to draw any kind of parallel between the issue of racism in this country and the issue of racism in Russia where players are targetted not by the odd individual but by large numbers of fans.

You simply do not hear in England the sort of abuse a number of black players have been subjected to in Russia. In Russia this sort of abuse is wide spread and has been for years.

The reason nobody has said racism is rife in English football is because it isn't, the same cannot be said for Russia.

You are making a moot point.

A number of incidents? There have been 4, unless I'm missing something and 1 of those is as we speak (regardless of what is on You tube) still alleged.

The three incidents being, Suarez, the Liverpool fans abuse at the Suarez, the Liverpool fans abuse of the chap in the FA cup (I forget his name) and the alleged incident with John Terry.

So that is 4 incidents I admit in a short space of time but beyond those 4 I'm struggling to think of anything that has happened in years.

Chelsea fans also abusing Anton Ferdinand and Rio

Fair point.

I would though say they are a direct result of the alleged Terry incident just as the other incidents are a result of the Suarez incident. These are more about missguided support of their own players than out and out racist abuse.

That doesn't in any way make them justified, neither should they be dismissed they should be condemned and those responsible should be punished.

They are not though evidence of wide spread racist abuse of the kind that is common in Russia.

England is the least racist country in Europe.

Russia is the most racist country in Europe.

How many black players are there in the Russian team?

How many black managers are there in the Russian league?

Do you ever hear monkey chanting in England?

Do you ever see bananas being thrown in England?

Fair point.

I would though say they are a direct result of the alleged Terry incident just as the other incidents are a result of the Suarez incident. These are more about missguided support of their own players than out and out racist abuse.

That doesn't in any way make them justified, neither should they be dismissed they should be condemned and those responsible should be punished.

They are not though evidence of wide spread racist abuse of the kind that is common in Russia.

well I wasnt defending all Russian fans or condemning all Engish fans their is idiots in every country was even racist abuse at an Irish league game last season and them games barely get 700 fans

Â