Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

yeah but City are going to need to sign about 6 top class players in summer and dont think they be that interested in a Europa League competition unless given a bucketload of money

Not even you get to wink at the end of that post :)  You were inferring money would be an obstacle to them.  I feel with Pep coming on-board they're about to break football again.

it'll be an interesting test and one that i would actually like to see city do, dont out and buy the likes of cavani for £60m or stones or give us a long summer full of messi to city bollocks

go out and buy the next wave, gaya at valencia, gimenez at atletico, tielemans and anderlecht, rather than gotze or thiago at bayern get hojbjerg

that'd be far more exciting than pumping the league full of overrated expensive middle aged footballers like they have done for the last 2/3 years, who was the last player city signed that as a neutral you actually thought i wouldnt mind seeing him? mines aguero 5 years ago

Çalhanoğl

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not even you get to wink at the end of that post :)  You were inferring money would be an obstacle to them.  I feel with Pep coming on-board they're about to break football again.

This.

They're about to become comfortably the best team in England, imo. And probably a proper force in Europe for the first time.

Need to replace a lot of players if they are to mount a challenge for the title next season and it often takes a year to work with the players to get the best out of them, like with Jose. 

I'd imagine he's going to come in and spend stupid amounts regardless.  But I don't think there's a whole lot wrong with their squad.  It's clear that on paper they should be doing a damn sight better than they are.  I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of their problems begin and end at the back.  Only Vincent Kompany and maybe Zabaleta should survive the cull, and even then there's an argument that Kompany's 14 (yes FOURTEEN) calf injuries in 8 years should be enough to justify a club of Citeh's ambitions dumping a player no matter his quality.  If you need stability and consistency anywhere in a first 11 it's at centreback, and he simply can not give you that.  So with that in mind, I think there'll be a whole lot of defensive reinforcement there this summer.  But it'll be fiun to see who the fantasy signings are.  They will go for a Messi or a Neymar.  Whether they're attainable or not is another thing.  I'd expect Pep to get Lewandowski.  I can't see him allowing Mourinho to bring him to United.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it'll be an interesting test and one that i would actually like to see city do, dont out and buy the likes of cavani for £60m or stones or give us a long summer full of messi to city bollocks

go out and buy the next wave, gaya at valencia, gimenez at atletico, tielemans and anderlecht, rather than gotze or thiago at bayern get hojbjerg

that'd be far more exciting than pumping the league full of overrated expensive middle aged footballers like they have done for the last 2/3 years, who was the last player city signed that as a neutral you actually thought i wouldnt mind seeing him? mines aguero 5 years ago

Çalhanoğl

Haven't they been trying to do this for years...and failing miserably?

I say what Man CIty need to do is go out and buy proven quality with top level experience. **** the next big thing and go and get more proven, international, top class quality like KDB, Silva and Aguero.

14 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I can tell you who they won't be signing this summer. Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He would be a perfect fit for them though.

He's more a fit for United IMHO.  They're screaming out for a cult (yes 'CULT') hero and renegade rather than the soporific shit they're being subjected to currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

He's more a fit for United IMHO.  They're screaming out for a cult (yes 'CULT') hero and renegade rather than the soporific shit they're being subjected to currently.

Its there I think he will end up. He had a good relation with Mourinho. If he not call it quits and move to MLS.

23 hours ago, BOF said:

I'd imagine he's going to come in and spend stupid amounts regardless.  But I don't think there's a whole lot wrong with their squad.  It's clear that on paper they should be doing a damn sight better than they are.  I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of their problems begin and end at the back.  Only Vincent Kompany and maybe Zabaleta should survive the cull, and even then there's an argument that Kompany's 14 (yes FOURTEEN) calf injuries in 8 years should be enough to justify a club of Citeh's ambitions dumping a player no matter his quality.  If you need stability and consistency anywhere in a first 11 it's at centreback, and he simply can not give you that.  So with that in mind, I think there'll be a whole lot of defensive reinforcement there this summer.  But it'll be fiun to see who the fantasy signings are.  They will go for a Messi or a Neymar.  Whether they're attainable or not is another thing.  I'd expect Pep to get Lewandowski.  I can't see him allowing Mourinho to bring him to United.

Pep's style means the actual defence isn't as important as it normally is for a team to have a good defence, if that makes any sense :)

It does make sense, but you'll still need it to do a job when called upon.  Plus in the Premier League, for all its flaws, your defence is going to be called upon more often than on the continent, certainly more than his previous clubs were, as they were both dominant forces.  City are not.

• Like 1

the way they play they still need defenders, top teams have tore through them in recent seasons, Real, Barca and even Juventus last week ripped them apart. In England his teams will be ripped open on the counter attack which im looking forward to :)

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

the way they play they still need defenders, top teams have tore through them in recent seasons, Real, Barca and even Juventus last week ripped them apart. In England his teams will be ripped open on the counter attack which im looking forward to :)

11 league goals conceded this season isn't it?

I think he'll be ok.

On 3/23/2016 at 13:20, BOF said:

Their spine is getting old now....

Hart

Kompany

Yaya Toure

Silva

Aguero

From that Vincent Kompany is coming up to 30 and gets regular injuries now throughout a season, Toure is pretty much out of the door, Silva's probably had his worst season since moving to England, no issue with kun apart from again injuries.

All their fullbacks (Kolorov, Clichy, Sagna and Zab are all in their 30s now).

I always find the big problem with Man. City is mentality. They're the one premier league side that can blow away teams on a regular basis when they're up for it e.g beating Newcastle this season 6-1 and scoring 5 second half goals but other times you see them and they just don't turn up, 2-0 defeat at Stoke, 3-0 at liverpool, even last Sunday against Man. United they were so poor. Infact their away form this season has been really bad.

More looking at it they either should've dismissed Pellegrini in February when he announced he was off or just waited until end of season as it could've very easily cost them the CL. 

Â