London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Craig Pickering has a better pb than Jesse Owens which sums up the folly of comparing times from different eras

But as I clearly pointed out in my previous post. The most important factor is major championship medals. Re read my post, or did you conveniently miss that bit?

Let me repeat what I previously said, the most important critieria for judging a top sprinter is the major championships medals they have. Do I need to say it again?

Michael Johnson

now he WAS a top athlete .. if I ever found out he was on drugs I don't think I'd ever watch Athletics again

Agreed. Ironically it is the 2 sprinters who have the most incredible performances (Bolt and M Johnson) that are the 2 who I think are definitely not or never have been on drugs. And yes I understand how strange that statement is.

The Olympics are great, it really for some reason brings out the moral best in just about everyone, players and spectators alike are always so sporting. No crazy arses throwing bottles on the pitch, no whiny Rooneys. Very, very heartening to watch.

The Olympics are great, it really for some reason brings out the moral best in just about everyone, players and spectators alike are always so sporting. No crazy arses throwing bottles on the pitch, no whiny Rooneys. Very, very heartening to watch.
No British football fans booing the opposition during a penalty shootout. Oh wait...

No British football fans booing the opposition during a penalty shootout. Oh wait...

That was the big disappointment at the game on Saturday for me. Couldn't believe how unsporting it was throughout. Would have thought that the crowd (mainly English from what I could see) would have behaved a bit better than that. When the booing and jeering started, I genuinely wanted Korea to win. Then again, as soon as it went to penalties, it was pretty much a done deal anyway ;-)

Sorry to be negative for a moment but as far as under achieveing goes it is pretty much just Tom Dale/Bald Guy who would fall in to that category?

I don't think they underachieved. I'm no expert but I think a medal would have been beyond where they were expected to finish from those in the know. But I'm just going on what I've heard, maybe they're playing it down.

But if they underachieved, then I think there are a number of others who you could also say have underachieved.

Fantastic from Katie Taylor, she's a great fighter. Our best hope for a gold.

Brilliant fight better than most I ve seen so far. Looking at the next match you have to feel sorry for the lass from liverpool. She surely would have got a medal with a different draw.

Katie is just another class.

Sorry to be negative for a moment but as far as under achieveing goes it is pretty much just Tom Dale/Bald Guy who would fall in to that category?

I don't think they underachieved. I'm no expert but I think a medal would have been beyond where they were expected to finish from those in the know. But I'm just going on what I've heard, maybe they're playing it down.

But if they underachieved, then I think there are a number of others who you could also say have underachieved.

Fully agree, it seems like pretty much all that were tipped for medals have achieved them (with the exception of TD) and there are several people who have claimed honours from nowhere!

Cavendish?

Â