London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Japan were vying with China for Gold at one point, and now they end up in 4th place. Very strange. They look despondent.

One fell off and one missed the dismount on the Pommel horse. Crash and burn

Famous for it...

Oh, very good.

kamikaze.jpg

Well they seem pleased enough still

No wonder. It was a massive achievement and they did really well. Made up that they won a medal. It's a shame it wasn't the silver they deserved, yet the bronze is still brilliant.

Dunno why you all hate the equestrianism. I agree the dressage is overly technical and dull, but the cross-country is great.

Three main reasons why I don't like that garbage:

Exclusivity - Horses are expensive as hell. Only a fraction of a percentage of the world's population can even afford to have a go at being an equestrianizer.

Animals in sport - I know if I jumped over fences with someone on my back they wouldn't be getting the credit. Not really a competition between humans IMO. We might as well have elephant wrestling and give a medal to whoever owns the winner. I'm not going to even touch the mental strain training takes on a horse (mainly because I don't know shit about it :lol:).

Physical difficulty - With all due respect if the sexes are competing against each other (not to mention elderly members of both sexes) I struggle to see it as a sport at all. It obviously takes some kind of skill, just not a sporting kind.

Wow. I thought I was the red revolutionary around here. :lol:

All true enough, but I don't care, I still find it relatively entertaining to watch. Unlike, say, boxing, which I cannot stand.

Wow. I thought I was the red revolutionary around here. :lol:

All true enough, but I don't care, I still find it relatively entertaining to watch. Unlike, say, boxing, which I cannot stand.

Fair enough, I love the boxing fwiw. It seems like the most international sport at the games. I'm sure there are plenty of valid arguments against liking it though.

i saw the judo earlier (where the romanian got disqualified) and the commentator said they were surprised how long it took them to get their 1st gold and they hadnt had a good games so far

i think since then theyve won a medal in everything ive seen

i saw the judo earlier (where the romanian got disqualified) and the commentator said they were surprised how long it took them to get their 1st gold and they hadnt had a good games so far

i think since then theyve won a medal in everything ive seen

Japan now have 1 gold, 4 silver and 6 bronze. Only China and USA have more medals. More to come too.

They haven't had a good showing in the Judo so far. They usually rule everything in the lower weights on the women's side. I don't know how well they usually do at other stuff though.

Â