London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Well, the first hour and a quarter was brilliant

FIRST hour and a quarter??? Oh f*ck right off :lol: How long was it :shock:

Well, the first hour and a quarter was brilliant

FIRST hour and a quarter??? Oh f*ck right off :lol: How long was it :shock:

About 3 and a half hours.

But as I said, 2 hours (literally) of that is the athletes arriving and parading.

I've actually seen it twice now, that's how much I enjoyed it :D

Visited my mom on Saturday and she'd been at a wedding on the Friday so wanted to watch it, so I ended up watching it too.

Heading towards day three ending and I stand by my pre Olympic prediction of 14 gold medals for Team GB. I think that the pressure will get to a few athletes rather then inspire them. I think the cycling will be the area where GB do well again, sadly dont think there will be many Golds in the athletics.

Daley and Waterfield did well, cant fault them, but on the day they were not quite good enough. Loved how the crowd cheered so loudly and got to their feet every time they entered the water, even if the dive was only average. Unfortunately the judges were not fooled.

I have to say the Equestrian is the only event I find boring, but then that is probably down to the fact that I dont understand it fully. I have no plans to try and understand it either.

Well you know the Bucket List, this is on the Fucket List. I will never ever be watching it ever. Not even nearly. Now, back to the sports :)

Richard Osman yesterday. "Just watching the rowing. I do like an episode of Eastenders #jokesthatonlyworkwhenwrittendown"

Vehh clever :)

Wow, it really was that 4th dive that ruined it for Daley and Waterfield.

71 point something when their next lowest was 87 and all the rest were 90+. If that 71 had been anywhere close to their next lowest score they'd have got a medal.

America take over when the track and field kicks in. It'll be close though. China have certainly upped their game, particularly in the swimming pool.

Chinese I reckon. Americans will win a load back in the track and field, but China will get too many in all these random events to be overthrown.

I predicted in 2008 after the last Olympics (in a thread on here actually, dunno if it still exists) that we'd get more gold medals this year than Russia because of home advantage. Which keeping all else the same would put us 3rd overall at the end.

Reckon we still might beat Russia in the overall medals.

Britain haven't won anything like what they thought they would at this stage though have they? I mean, Cavendish was nailed on for the cycling, Daley was going to walk (or fall?) the diving and swimmers like that Hayley one were up for one too. Armitstead was a bit of a surprise so that's one back and old spoon face was kind of expected to get a medal, but other than that it hasn't gone to plan at all.

Britain haven't won anything like what they thought they would at this stage though have they? I mean, Cavendish was nailed on for the cycling, Daley was going to walk (or fall?) the diving and swimmers like that Hayley one were up for one too. Armitstead was a bit of a surprise so that's one back and old spoon face was kind of expected to get a medal, but other than that it hasn't gone to plan at all.

Have to admit, I was expecting Team GB to have more medals by now..

Have to admit, I was expecting Team GB to have more medals by now..

The mens cycling was a **** up but the synchronized diving is pretty open. Daley was more on for the individual I thought?

GB get most of their medals in the rowing and track cycling though so they will start to pick some up soon.

Tom Daley still has the individual to go, which the experts claim he has a better chance of winning a medal in. Team GB should be doing slightly better at this stage though.

But hey it wont be as bad as Atlanta 96 - 1 gold medal. :shock:

GB get most of their medals in the rowing and track cycling though so they will start to pick some up soon.

Oh I don't doubt that for a second. I just thought there was a final estimate based on who would or should win their own events and that some of those have already failed to do so. Perhaps requiring a re-jig of the estimate.

Had the text updates on the BBC website on in work all day. Luckily they haven't blocked it so I was keeping up-to-date. Looks like the rowing events are still going rather well for us.

Â