Do you always wear your seat belt?

saturdaygig

How often do you wear your seat belt?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear your seat belt?

• Always
    • Usually
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely

More seriously however, I wonder what people think about motorcyclists not wearing crash helmets. There has to be some argument that the wearing of helmets, especially the closed in ones, is more likely to make you crash, particularly in built up areas where your hearing is affected.

Tell me you're joking :shock:

Before I answer, I want to know if Wurzel was joking... I'm sick of arguing these things all on my own.

More seriously however, I wonder what people think about motorcyclists not wearing crash helmets. There has to be some argument that the wearing of helmets, especially the closed in ones, is more likely to make you crash, particularly in built up areas where your hearing is affected.

Before I answer, I want to know if Wurzel was joking... I'm sick of arguing these things all on my own.

I think wurzle was (indirectly) calling you a f*ckwit :lol:

I'm sure it's common sense to insist that young lady hitch-hikers clad in high heels, red leather mini-skirt and a blouse with several buttons missing should be firmly belted into the passenger seat at least until the driver finds a nice secluded place to park or gets bored with fondling them at 100 mph.

I cant not wear one. It just doesnt feel right not putting it on before i start driving. I think not wearing a belt would annoy me to the point of distraction.

I think wurzle was (indirectly) calling you a f*ckwit :lol:

I dont think I was, I would not be so rude, it was just a general comment! :winkold:

Rev - do you have to wear one when driving the train?

Nope.

But when you are 160 tons + going at 100 miles an hour, i dont think a seatbelt will save you in a crash anyway!

I never wear a seat belt so I can't vote.

Why the hell not?

Always, only takes a second, might save your life. I can't see a valid reason for not wearing one, perhaps you can enlighten me?

`

Agreed, there is no reason why you wouldn't put it on,

it can save you're life, and for the sake of 5 seconds, just put it on :)...

Nope.

But when you are 160 tons + going at 100 miles an hour, i dont think a seatbelt will save you in a crash anyway!

True - I just didnt know if some sort of regulation made you wear one or not - you have to ask then why you wear them on a plane (but I do know its because you can be thrown around the cabin and the stopping distance is a lot more severe)

Nope.

True - I just didnt know if some sort of regulation made you wear one or not - you have to ask then why you wear them on a plane (but I do know its because you can be thrown around the cabin and the stopping distance is a lot more severe)

Do pilots wear belts? I know passengers do on takeoff and landing, but thats it.

On a train, if you have a collision its going to lead down one of two roads.

1] its something big/heavy and a seatbelt wont save you anyway.

2] its something not so big/heavy and it will just disintegrate when a train hits it.

I cant ever see there being seatbelts put in trains.

Nope.

Do pilots wear belts? I know passengers do on takeoff and landing, but thats it.

On a train, if you have a collision its going to lead down one of two roads.

1] its something big/heavy and a seatbelt wont save you anyway.

2] its something not so big/heavy and it will just disintegrate when a train hits it.

I cant ever see there being seatbelts put in trains.

Why would a train driver need a seat belt? surely a train should be the only thing on the tracks going in one direction at any one time?

Pilots do wear seat belts yes.

On coaches should there be seat belts? In train carriages should there be seat belts?

possibly yes on both Ian, althought train crashes are very few and far between. Coaches defo - thought they already were?

I sometimes don't wear seatbelts when i'm in the back of a car. Depends who's driving :winkold:

Actualy, now youmention it, I don't think I have worn one on a coach. I think that's down to not wearing one on the bus, it becomes habit.

I know people who wear them normaly but refuse to do so in a taxi, as if taxi's never crash. Mental. I'd like to see some statistics on that........

Â