Do you always wear your seat belt?

saturdaygig

How often do you wear your seat belt?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear your seat belt?

• Always
    • Usually
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely

I always wear the seatbelt. It is the first thing I do when I get in my seat, and I always make sure passangers are wearing their belts before I even start the car.

There is no reason whatsoever not to use one. It takes half a second and I for one can't even notice it's there. The difference between wearing one and not wearing one is potentially the difference between life and death. This is common sense, really.

[quote="dont_do_it_doug

I get your point, but what if it does end up affecting someone else? What if you end up going through the windscreen and injuring another? That's the real reason why it's Law, it's not just your life your taking into your hands.

I'm no traffic cop, but I would imagine your above scenario is pretty far fetched. I'd guess the frequency with which that happens, is more than balanced by those incidents, and they DO exist, where lives were saved by people being thrown clear.

Right, but what right do you have to decide whether someone else dies or not?

I'm no traffic cop, but I would imagine your above scenario is pretty far fetched. I'd guess the frequency with which that happens, is more than balanced by those incidents, and they DO exist, where lives were saved by people being thrown clear.

Right, but what right do you have to decide whether someone else dies or not?

That's an easy one to answer: I also have to think about being available to help anyone else who might be trapped or need other assistance.

I'm sorry, but pottering around town at 20/25 miles an hour, I don't really buy flying though the window and killing someone else... which is not to say it's impossible.... just very very very unlikely.

I think I take the risk because I now pootle around town at a mere fraction of the speeds I was doing many years ago. I'm not saying it couldn't happen to me, but feel I'm old enough and ugly enough to make my own choice.

If I swerve to avoid a child running into the road, hit your car and kill you, I have to live with your death.

Wear a seat belt, for everyone's sake. It's just one of those laws that isn't daft.

When I was a kid my Dad never had a car either. It was green.

Knock the big pink ones on the head mate. :winkold:

I put never. It's just a petty law that restricts your freedom of choice and I like to move about alot when i'm driving...have a little dance....look around give a cheeky smile. If you put your belt on it's like you're tempting fate and inviting the crash, it's bad luck and I suppose I just prefer to risk it.

Plus i've never crashed and i'm a good driver so it's not going to happen to me lol.

Of course the above is complete and utter bollocks and if you found yourself agreeing then you're probably a cock or at the very least ignorant. The simple truth is that you either crash or you dont and while you dont, not wearing a seatbelt has no effect, zero, in fact it's quite nice. But crash and you can never ever take it back.

Next time you think you wont bother, picture your partner with their face cut off or the look on your parents face when they identify your body. It probably wont happen but if it does....it's too late, you can't take it back.

Oh and if you think it's an over-reaction, that most crashes are minor and wouldnt do much just think how being disfigured from a bad scar would affect your life. Would your patner stay with you? Would you be able to cope with them not fancying you? Go and look how many car crashes there are and how many innocent drivers are caught up in them, then look somewhere like rotten.com at the photos of car crashes and make the right choice.

i dont get people who dont wear seatbelts. my parents made sure i wore a seatbelt when i was a child, so it just seems natural to wear a seatbelt when i drive. it feels weird not wearing one.

i dont see what all the fuss is about, merely 1 second to reduce the risk of being killed by a big percentage. its well worth the "bother"

i insist everyone in my car wear a seatbelt - its always the one who isnt wearing the seatbelt that does the damage.

I never wear mine, I don't have crashes so I don't need to.

If someone walks out in front of my car then they're gonna die, simple as that cos I ain't going through the windscreen cos of some careless rocket polisher - windscreens are expensive.

I never wear mine, I don't have crashes so I don't need to.

If someone walks out in front of my car then they're gonna die, simple as that cos I ain't going through the windscreen cos of some careless rocket polisher - windscreens are expensive.

I'll assume that's a joke?

If not what if a driver smacks you from behind?

I always wear mine, always.

If anyone smacks me from behind he's going to get the kicking of his life. Not wearing my seatbelt just means I can get out of the car quicker to administer the kicking. Hows about that for a good reason not to wear your seatbelt?

You've just got to love this guy.

More seriously however, I wonder what people think about motorcyclists not wearing crash helmets. There has to be some argument that the wearing of helmets, especially the closed in ones, is more likely to make you crash, particularly in built up areas where your hearing is affected.

Should not everyone have a moral right to make that decision for themselves? If one felt it necessary, they could sign a disclaimer refusing medical treatment in the event of an accident.

I'm sorry, I think it's an unwarranted restriction upon our liberties.

Absolutely, there are far too many f*ckwits walking around at the moment, I'm all for idiots doing dangerous things, let them drive without seat belts, ride without helmets, give them as much hard drugs as they want. The more idiots that die prematurely the better quality the remaining gene pool is.

More seriously however, I wonder what people think about motorcyclists not wearing crash helmets. There has to be some argument that the wearing of helmets, especially the closed in ones, is more likely to make you crash, particularly in built up areas where your hearing is affected.

Tell me you're joking :shock:

Â