Do you always wear your seat belt?

saturdaygig

How often do you wear your seat belt?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear your seat belt?

• Always
    • Usually
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely

There was a piece on Radio 5 earlier about the number of people who wear seat belts, and it was being suggested there are plenty that don't. I usually do but I do tend to not put it back on if I have some reason to take it off, like stopping to pop into a shop. Dunno why, its what I do.

Please do.

I see what happens when people dont. Firstly any compensation for injuries gets reduced by at least 25% generally, and more if your injuries were made worse by not wearing one, and secondly, going through a windscreen or even straight into an airbag going off isnt a hugely joyous feeling.

its silly not to. Its also the law. If you dont agree with the law, dont drive.

And its not just you. smear your pretty g/f across the windscreen and she'll hate you, her friends and family will hate you, the police, ambulance and fire service who have to pick up the pieces will hate you, and you will hate you for the rest of your life.

I never wear a seat belt so I can't vote.

Why the hell not?

Always, only takes a second, might save your life. I can't see a valid reason for not wearing one, perhaps you can enlighten me?

BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOT A **** CAR. When I was a kid my Dad never had a car either. It was green.

I never wear one. They make me feel claustrophobic.

I also drive with the window open regardless of weather. I like to have a true sensation of my speed, rather than make the mistake of thinking that nothing outside can penetrate my cosy liittle cocoon and hurt me.

Incidentally. I do encourage others to do so.

or maybe don't have an accident and then it's not an issue

as for it being law , It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises , Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin and No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police

so UK law isn't the smartest thing known to man

I never wear one. They make me feel claustrophobic.

Not wearing one could make you feel dead. That's a crappy excuse AJ.

I'm sure you're right and I'm not stupid enough to argue with you.

People, like Juju, who get to see the results of not wearing seat belts must know what they're talking about, and the statistics bear them out.

I just don't like being told what to do, and feel that for seat belts and crash helmets, as for booze, cigarettes and drugs, people should make their own choices. Which does not, in my opinion entitle them to demand others to pay for the consequences!

I just don't like being told what to do, and feel that for seat belts and crash helmets, as for booze, cigarettes and drugs, people should make their own choices. Which does not, in my opinion entitle them to demand others to pay for the consequences!

I get your point, but what if it does end up affecting someone else? What if you end up going through the windscreen and injuring another? That's the real reason why it's Law, it's not just your life your taking into your hands.

I hope you'll be teaching the child in your avatar to wear a seatbelt?

well thanks to new law he has to sit in a child seat until he's 12 , so i'm sure he will wear one , but i suspect by the time he can drive the do good anti car lobby will have managed to get the speed limit fixed at 4 mph so he probabaly wont need to wear one

Â