Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people giving up already. I just hope the players havent. 3 big games, 2 points is all that is needed.

i think 1 point will be enough (due to our goal difference).

and yes, people seem to have given up.

i think thats just the reaction to last nights result, and when they sit down in a couple of days time, they'll take a more realistic viewpoint.

Other than our "Proud history" we are now nothing more than Nottingham, Leeds or dare i say it Birmingham.

I wouldn't go as far as Birmingham, but we certainly are a Forest or Leeds now.

Because of our stature, budgeted on premier league survival, relegation will hurt us far more than a Birmingham, who realistically, the premier league is nothing more than an unexpected bonus.

Why are people trying to score points? "Oh where is *insert poster who said we wouldnt get relegated* now?" "We told you so Randy!".

Who cares about moral victories. We should be all united now in the sense that we need to avoid relegation at all costs. How is being right going to help if we drop the championship. Will you be sitting their smugly in the summer thinking "well, we are in the Championship but I was right." Its ridiculous.

Anyway, we are still one win away from safety and all three games are winnable. Everything changes when you know you have to win, we saw that last night.

Too many people giving up already. I just hope the players havent. 3 big games, 2 points is all that is needed.

i think 1 point will be enough (due to our goal difference).

and yes, people seem to have given up.

i think thats just the reaction to last nights result, and when they sit down in a couple of days time, they'll take a more realistic viewpoint.

QPR will beat Stoke and might nick 1 point from those 2 tough away games. So 2 points will leave us and QPR level and then it will come down to goal difference. Villa goal difference is better, but only by 4.

Who is gonna score the goals needed to keep us up? I can see WBA, Norwich and Spurs all scoring against us.

More worringly if we do scramble a goal - can we hold onto a lead - the evidence of last night NO

I thought we would loose last night for those reason - we rarley look like scoring - and we are 2nd worse behind only wolves when it comes to holding a lead

our only hope is some sort of fluke result. - but our fluke results seem to bew draws not wins !

were doomed

I still cant get over how shit Bolton are and how we didnt win that game. If you played that 10 times, we would have 9 of them.

Sick to the stomach. If we had just a ounce of luck we would be sitting here safe as houses today.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You know you're in the shit, when Darlington fans start feeling sorry for you!

I keep telling people I think we're going down, and they keep telling me they think Villa will be ok. I don't know if they're being nice, have ho idea about football, or just don't realise how shit we are?! What a horrible morning I've had at work too. I wish people would just take the piss. I can handle that better.

Who is gonna score the goals needed to keep us up? I can see WBA, Norwich and Spurs all scoring against us.

Hand on heart, i think we will lose all 3 games. As you say, i cant see us scoring.

Yup.

Our supposed most clinical striker that is available hasn't scored since November. In teams where that happens, you expect goals from set pieces........nope we cannot do that either!!!

Ah well at least we are resiliant at the back when it comes to set pieces.......nope.

I am dreading Norwich. The likes of Holt and Morison will have a field day at corners and free kicks.

I still cant get over how shit Bolton are and how we didnt win that game. If you played that 10 times, we would have 9 of them.

Sick to the stomach. If we had just a ounce of luck we would be sitting here safe as houses today.

We had the ounce of luck in the sunderland game.

Did you watch the 0-0 v everton - that wasn't luck - that was defensive football - at its worst.

Hand on heart, i think we will lose all 3 games. As you say, i cant see us scoring.

Yup.

Our supposed most clinical striker that is available hasn't scored since November. In teams where that happens, you expect goals from set pieces........nope we cannot do that either!!!

Ah well at least we are resiliant at the back when it comes to set pieces.......nope.

I am dreading Norwich. The likes of Holt and Morison will have a field day at corners and free kicks.

Not being a drama queen or over-reacting...i honestly think we are done for.

Losing the game in two minutes will knock any confidence out of the team. West Brom are better than us at the moment so we'll lose that. Spurs are on a bad run so we'll help them out with three points. No idea about Norwich, maybe Delia will get on the sherry and gee them up at half time.

All depends on QPR, Wigan and Bolton who are showing more fight than us currently.

We had the ounce of luck in the sunderland game.

Did you watch the 0-0 v everton - that wasn't luck - that was defensive football - at its worst.

I'm talking about last night only. We should have won that easily over a wretched team and if we had, we would be safe.

I hope this is a harsh lesson to those (you know who you are) pseudo-omniscients pontificating condescendingly to villa fans with genuine concerns, protesting against the abysmal decision to appoint this equally abysmal manager last year.

'EES A NOICE GUY' and 'SUPPORT THE VILLA AND THE ECK NO MATTER WHAT' were thrown around in volume and any talk of relegation were attributed to knee-jerk hyperbole from the stereotypical 'fickle' fans that were/are giving you all a bad name.

Well look at us now. Any man/woman/child with a grain of sensibility knew where this club was heading with this man in charge, he wasn't going to change his approach or lack thereof just because he inexplicably got the opportunity to manage a club better than any previous. We knew the anti-football was coming, we knew we would hold the title for draws over the season, the only question on our mind's was a simple one; will we draw enough games, and win enough odd games undeservedly to stay up?

The answer to this question is still up in the air, I would say we still have a greater chance of staying up than going down, although very slight, but it no longer depends just on us, which is a scary thought indeed.

I just pray for the sake of villa, and my sanity, that in either scenario we don't get any more clowns on here, or interviewed by the media that attest to big Eck's ability to manage our once great football club, and want to give him another bite at the apple.

Agree with you mate but some fans are too thick, 'support the lads' they say, protesting is 'small time' they say.

Well I hope they are now happy with their ignorant, misguided blind loyalty and pea brain mentality because if we are stuck with him next season they can have the pleasure of watching the shit he deals them.

Spare a thought for Brett Holman; leaving possible champions league football for the championship. Poor bloke.

I wonder if they stuck a relegation clause in his contract?

You'd imagine it would have been a bit silly not to have one, considering we were perilously slipping down the table when he signed, but I have no idea.