Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's clearly not very astute with money

He just inherited a lot

Spot on. It was his late father who had the business acumen.

Randy inherited that and decided that he wanted a new toy. Cars and houses stop being fun after a while.

He bought a football club, and much like a child who gets a puppy for christmas, he is bored of it now.

So if Randy is so hopeless with money how to people account for our revenue (excluding tv rights) almost doubling since he took over?

Same way you account for record £54 million losses.

Statistics can be massaged to reflect anything you want

So if Randy is so hopeless with money how to people account for our revenue (excluding tv rights) almost doubling since he took over?

Same way you account for record £54 million losses.

Statistics can be massaged to reflect anything you want

Except one is covered by actual money coming in and the other entails a fairly grey area of player amortisation.

Its likely that the losses for next year will be a lot smaller but the revenue wont change much.

But I suppose this should be in the Randy Lerner thread.

WHAT? RL is jewish?.. Oh this makes it even more embarrassing.. you learn something new everyday, usually jewish americans are so Good with money..Think we need daniel Levy instead.

Hence why we won't beselling to Arabs

You're both **** tools.

Isn't it about £1m a place in the PL Standings ?

So lets say optimistically we finish 16th, thats a like for like decline on income vs last year of approx £8m which is almost 10% of turnover

Thats a massive hit

Its 1.5 million per place in the Premier League.

its not £1.5million per place. its £800,000.

the winners get £16.5million.

each club also receives a £14.6 million payment for being in the league. with further payments of £499,000 per game thats broadcast (each club is guaranteed to have a minimum of 10 matches broadcast per season)

then each club recieves a £10.1 million payment for overseas tv rights plus £2million for other licensing deals.

if we go down, the club stands to lose over £50million from the league alone.

as ive said before, this club cant afford to go down, it means randy would have to prop up the club with another £100million.

arguably biggest game in Villa history for a long time vs Bolton

which then begs the question, what will randy do IF we go down? slash costs, sell players to get them off the wage bill or take the hit, keep 95% of the squad and hope we get back first time.

if we stay up i expect to leave

warnock

dunne or collins (not both, one or the other)

guzan

heskey

if we go down we would see bent, zog, ireland, dunne, collins, given, hutton possibly gabby go too.

one way or another we have a massive rebuild in the summer.

WHAT? RL is jewish?.. Oh this makes it even more embarrassing.. you learn something new everyday, usually jewish americans are so Good with money..Think we need daniel Levy instead.

You're both **** tools.

Why am I a Tool? For thinking Jewish people are usually better with money? its true most of the time though.

You're both **** tools.

What sort of tool were you thinking, certain tools I can live with, others I may have an issue

You're both **** tools.

Why am I a Tool? For thinking Jewish people are usually better with money? its true most of the time though.

RL's religious beliefs have absolutely zero to do with AVFC. The performance and management of our club is embarrassing because we've made terrible choices that have us flirting with relegation. It's embarrassing that Bolton at home is the biggest game of the season for us. These have absolutely nothing to do with Randy's religion. Bringing religion into it is as stupid as bringing race into it.

You're both **** tools.

RL's religious beliefs have absolutely zero to do with AVFC. The performance and management of our club is embarrassing because we've made terrible choices that have us flirting with relegation. It's embarrassing that Bolton at home is the biggest game of the season for us. These have absolutely nothing to do with Randy's religion. Bringing religion into it is as stupid as bringing race into it.

Whilst I would state that bringing religion into a debate about football is not necessarily the right thing to do, and maybe even stupid, I do think that calling other people 'Tools' is equally as stupid and quite probably offensive.

In this instance it may be quite wide of the mark and the predicament we find ourselves in is nothing to do with Randy's religion but you need to be mindful of the fact that in several parts of the world there is religious tension and the Jewish religion and the religion of the Arab world has, for thousands of years, been at loggerheads and the carrying out of a business transaction between the two groups is highly unlikely.

Now, back to the subject matter...............