Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's possible for us to stay up without scoring another point.
I am pretty sure that's right, OBE.

I wuldn't like to try it, though! :|

Sure its right, we have more points than those below us so if they don't get more than us we stay up :D

I don't think we will win another game this season, I'm not particularly sure McLeish will even try to win one. I think he will go for 3 draws and think that will be enough.

That's how you do it Wigan.

All this shite about "it changes nothing", well there's one of your three teams now within a point having won one of their "impossible" fixture list games.

We are ****. They're fighting and we're rolling over.

**** you Lerner, **** you McLeish, **** off the pair of you words removed.

Bollocks.

Sorry for not offering anything constructive but I dont know what else to say. No matter how bad things were back in October/November I didn't truly believe this would come.

Gutted.

Bolton is the all important game for me. I believe they have 2 games in hand so if they could get a win somewhere and then beat us, we'll really be dragged into the mire.

Sunderland is the big one for me.

If we don't win that then our kids will go into the bolton game in a pressure cooker atmosphere - in which I wouldn't fancy us

I think we're safe, we would possibly have to lose all 6 to be relegated, I think we'll pick up 2 draws from 6 which will see us safe. Listening to Radio, Wigan fans were saying they believe they need 4 points to be safe. So in that case we need 3 points, if we don't get that then i'm sorry to say we deserve to go down.

I think we're safe, we would possibly have to lose all 6 to be relegated, I think we'll pick up 2 draws from 6 which will see us safe. Listening to Radio, Wigan fans were saying they believe they need 4 points to be safe. So in that case we need 3 points, if we don't get that then i'm sorry to say we deserve to go down.

We may well get say a draw and a win. QPR might win 3 and we lose to Bolton and its still well up in the air. All this talk of we need this or that is null and void, we're in a relegation "fight" and we seem to have less fight than anyone else.

People keep telling me not to panic. The 8 point gap is gone. I watched the shit do it last season, I watched my other sport team the Atlanta Braves blow a 10 game lead in the wild card last season.

Its sport, it happens. Anyone fancy betting we're not THAT bad?

I'm saying us staying up will depend on the teams below us who I don't think will win enough games to trouble us.

This has already been proven to be a false assumption.

You dont think it will happen but you have to admit its entirely possible.

All this shite about "it changes nothing", well there's one of your three teams now within a point having won one of their "impossible" fixture list games.

Bollocks.

Sorry for not offering anything constructive but I dont know what else to say. No matter how bad things were back in October/November I didn't truly believe this would come.

Gutted.

It's nice for you that you had all those nasty swear words in your head and were able to offload them onto the computer but in terms of the argument you are putting forward, you are wrong.

One of the five clubs below us getting within a point of us doesn't mean that we are "****". Unless the rules have been changed and it is now 5 clubs that go down, the position is exactly the same. Three out of the five clubs below us need to have extraordinary runs and we have to have a really bad one for us to be threatened.

It's not "impossible" that the the teams below us should win all of their difficult fixtures against top 6 sides etc (I don't believe anyone has ever claimed that and if they did they are just wrong).

It remains extremely unlikely.

People who panic too early can end up making things worse .

Sorry if the swearing offended your sensitive eyes.

So tell me, what effect will me shitting myself have, because you've lost me. Frankly, it doesn't seem to be any of your business how I react?

You are the man with the red button...if you press it, we are officially in meltdown...dont do it doug!!!

As bad as we are, I just don't think we will lose 6 consecutive games (starting with Man U). We will sneak at least 2 more points which I think will be enough. By the skin of our teeth.

Bollocks.

Gutted.

It's nice for you that you had all those nasty swear words in your head and were able to offload them onto the computer but in terms of the argument you are putting forward, you are wrong.

One of the five clubs below us getting within a point of us doesn't mean that we are "****". Unless the rules have been changed and it is now 5 clubs that go down, the position is exactly the same. Three out of the five clubs below us need to have extraordinary runs and we have to have a really bad one for us to be threatened.

It's not "impossible" that the the teams below us should win all of their difficult fixtures against top 6 sides etc (I don't believe anyone has ever claimed that and if they did they are just wrong).

It remains extremely unlikely.

People who panic too early can end up making things worse .

The thing I think he is getting at is that teams like Wigan are fighting where as the only fighting in Villa park is the fans battle to stay awake.

Randy Lerner was supposed to be the custodian of the club!

Sorry if the swearing offended your sensitive eyes.

So tell me, what effect will me shitting myself have, because you've lost me. Frankly, it doesn't seem to be any of your business how I react?

You are the man with the red button...if you press it, we are officially in meltdown...dont do it doug!!!

I used to have a big red "dont panic" button as my avatar! I've got too world wise for all this "impossible" stuff.

My point which I didn't word very well in my previous post is that no matter how unlikely others think it is, I think we're doomed. The inflamatory language is down to my horror at the situation and because no matter what my previous "dont care" attitude may have led someone to believe, I do care and I do love this club. Have for some 21 years now.

Besides, this is an open forum and as far as im aware I've not broken any rules. Only my mother is allowed to tell me to mind my language in that case.

Phew. Need to lie down. Or at least get some pissing work done....

I still can't believe there are people on here who still beleive we aren't one of the favourites to go down. 3 or 4 games ago the argument that we're closer to 7th than we are to relegation was continually wheeled out. I hate to say it but we are now closer to relegation than we are to the team 1 place above us. The gap between us and the relegation teams has now gone. If Bolton beat us we'll be 3 points off relegation with a team that looks so incapable of winning a game it's laughable.

To be honest though if it meant McCleish left the club I'd be relatively OK with us going down. If we went down and McCleish was still here.... No that's just unthinkable.

Does anyone have a quick spreadie they can cart out based on current form where all of the bottom 6 clubs would end up if current runs continued (last 6 games or so)?

I'd imagine Blackburn and Wolves would be down and probably us or Bolton. I appreciate that clubs are playing different fixtures but I'm as confident about us getting anything at Home to Bolton as I was about the game on Sunday (and I'm going to VP next Tuesday).

Would be interesting as I heard somewhere that since the turn of the year only Wolves have been shitter than us in the PL.

If you look at our team and forget that they carry the name of Aston Villa and compare it with the teams around us, you'd be hard pressed to make a case for us winning another game. It is, essentially, last year's reserve side. As bad as our relegation rivals have clearly been over large parts of the season they probably all possess the quality and experience of players that are capable of pulling off the odd win or two on their day. In fact, they have all proved as much in the last month or so. If we still had Dunne, Bent and Stan then you'd be able to make the same case for us. The fact that we don't means that we probably have the least experienced team in the division. Clearly we are all aware that we should have accumulated enough points by now for this not to be a concern, but we haven't and they certainly don't look up for the job of a relegation scrap. I find it hard to fathom that starved of experienced players McLeish chooses to leave Cuellar and N'Zogbia on the bench. Would Cuellar have stepped over the ball for United's second goal? Would he have let Young get him in the position he did and perform his ludicrous dive? N'Zogbia saved Wigan last year, has McLeish forgotten this? It's like he wants to go down. If he does stick them back in now, how will they feel? How would you perform for a boss who overlooks your superior experience and talent and then turns to you only when he's really desperate.

McLeish has been getting it all wrong since before he turned up on our doorstep and is continuing to do so. If we do manage to stay up it won't be through any dramatic turn-around of our own. I feel our own results bear little relevance to our survival. It's all about the others.

Yeah that's the bit people forget, we are ravaged by injuries, I cannot see where we will create or score enough goals

We cannot defend and we have no leadership and a woeful manager

Relegation is most definitely on

The only way we stay up is by default or grinding out 0-0's or 1-1's

Truly abysmal